Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does your voicemail prompt say?

Question What does your voicemail prompt say?

You know...like "leave your message at the tone". Any creative ones?

I just got rid of my creative voicemail message to replace it with the very plain "Hi, you've reached [my name]. I'm not available to take your call right now, but leave your name and number and I'll call you back as soon as possible. Thank you." Exciting huh?

I like my sister's, it's "Hi, you've reached [sister's name], if you leave me a message I'll call you back. If you leave me a sexy message I'll call you back sooner...." It never fails to make me laugh b/c she's a dork.

What was your voicemail message before you changed it?

I really like it in The Producers when Carmen answers the phone and says something to the effect of "Hello the living room of renowned theatrical director Roger DuBris's elegent upper east side apartment on a sunny Tuesday afternoon in June. Whom may I say is calling?" but I can't figure out a way to translate that into a timeless message that is applicable to my status as a student.

A*O

Mine's a grumpy "Hello. Just the machine to talk to I'm afraid but leave a message anyway and I'll call you later. Thanks" (beep)

My mother's voicemail drives me nuts. For a start she says "Hello?" as though she's actually answering the phone so you start to talk and then you get "You have reached Mrs xxxx xxxx on 12345678. I'm sorry that I am unavaiable to take our call at the moment so after the long beep at the end of this message please leave your name, your number, the time of your call and a brief message and I will call you back as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you do not wish to leave a message you could try later or call my mobile number which is 87654321. That phone also has a voicemail facility and if I am unable to take the call please follow the procedure outlined previously and leave your name, your number, the time of your call and a brief message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for calling and I look forward to speaking with you soon"

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Obviously I just hang up but it must drive callers with urgent messages absolutely NUTS. Is there anyone who does NOT know how to leave a voicemail these days?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

lol. that's an old gimmick. maybe sayin "hello..." then people may think u r answering the phone right now n start chatting with u. then the voicemail suddenly say "i m not here. maybe leave your message here." no doubt your friends'd get tricked.
    hiya, everybody.
    My name is gLoRiA, I come from a dirty and chav infested market town.
    I am an irritating and ugly girl, hoping to meet new enemies here.

Yep. Reminds me when I had just a "Hello." and then the beep--quite funny messages left from my friends.

For ages I used to have, "Thanks for calling, but even better, thanks for leaving a message".

Now I have, "I couldn't make it to the phone OR I didn't hear it ringing, so please leave your message after the beep"

It's true, I'm one of those peeps that seem to have purses that are sound proof for my cell phone, so I NEVER hear the phone ringing!
    Go Habs Go!!

Eli

mine for a long time was: "hello?................................... oh, hi!....................... uh-huh. yep............ yeah..... *laugh*......... uh-huh, yeah.................. Okay, well this is *my name* and I'm not here right now, so please leave a message after the beep!"

Then a few years back I changed it to: "This is me. Leave a thingy. I implore you."

Ha ha! "Leave a thingy. I implore you." That's very good.

Mine's totally boring, just "Hello there, I'm not here just now so leave a message after the beep and if I feel like it I'll call you back. OK BYEEEEE!"
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I got rid of all my voice mail and answering machines for two reasons: one, if I was waiting for a call, I would obsessively check to see if that call came through and two, if someone whom I don't want to talk to leaves a message, I feel obligated to ring them back, which I probably don't want to do...and there are only so many times you can say 'I'm having trouble...the service must've eated the message.'
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by gloriall_luv View Post
    lol. that's an old gimmick. maybe sayin "hello..." then people may think u r answering the phone right now n start chatting with u. then the voicemail suddenly say "i m not here. maybe leave your message here." no doubt your friends'd get tricked.
    LOL, my baby sis still has this message, except she pretends as if she can't hear you.

"Hello... What?..What are you saying?.... Speak up, I can hardly hear you! WHAT??..."
    Then the voicemail says, "doesn't matter, I'm not here anyway. Leave a message". I was so pissed the first time it happened to me.

My voicemail prompt is the standard, you have reached { }. This person is unavailable, please leave a message.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

mine says, "Please leave a message" by a guy's voice I got off the internet.

I've had so many and right now, hubby has his boring standard one on.

One of my faves was, "Hi, this is PB. You know what to do."

I hate it when people don't identify themselves on their messages or when they phone and actually talk to me. It's rude.

Mine is the standard, boring "Hey this is (me) I can't get to the phone right now, but leave a message and I'll call you back"
    I have had friends who do that whole acting like they are answering and it irritates the shit out of me! One friend finally changed hers cause she had lots of messages demand that she do so!
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I hate it when people don't identify themselves on their messages or when they phone and actually talk to me. It's rude.
    Oh dear, that's me - I never record a personal one, I just use the one the phone/machine comes with, which obviously doesn't identify me. I think my problem is that I think personal ones are often either rather affected or rather naff, and I hate recording them anyway, so I don't.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information