Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 3 Post By burnt_toast
  • 1 Post By Daphodil
  • 1 Post By palta
  • 1 Post By dksnj

Thread: Sun glare - using laptop outside

Default Sun glare - using laptop outside

I'll be working from home through at least the end of June. Now that the weather is nicer, I'd like to start working outside a couple of hours a day.
    My deck gets full sun all day and it is impossible to see the screen. I googled and the suggestions were: sit in the shade (which is non existent in my backyard during the day), wear polarized glasses (I've been wearing my glasses instead of contact during covid, so not sure how that would work), laptop tent (they are super pricey).

Do you have any product recommendations for this? Curious if there is a screen filter I can use.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

The Viking has tried a lot of them but has yet to find one he's satisfied with. That's all I know since I despise laptops and only use one when traveling and there is no other option.
    dksnj likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I invested in a large umbrella for my patio and it's a lifesaver. Also gives me some additional sun protection while I'm out there. Not cheap but worth it for me.
    Daphodil, dksnj and Novice like this.

I have several patio umbrellas - and I move them around depending on the location of the sun. I buy the inexpensive ones from Walmart but bought decent stands so they're fairly stable. I love working from my patio!
    dksnj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    I invested in a large umbrella for my patio and it's a lifesaver. Also gives me some additional sun protection while I'm out there. Not cheap but worth it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I have several patio umbrellas - and I move them around depending on the location of the sun. I buy the inexpensive ones from Walmart but bought decent stands so they're fairly stable. I love working from my patio!

Thank you, I'll look into a patio umbrella!
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

^does this mean that you neighbors' kids stopped making all that noise outside?
    Last edited by palta; April 3rd, 2021 at 01:41 PM.
    fgg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    ^does this mean that you neighbors' kids stopped making all that noise outside?
    Unfortunately, no. They are still at it. Our town has school back in session, so I do get some relief on weekdays.
    palta likes this.

Thread Information