Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MontanaMama
  • 1 Post By funky_chicken

Thread: Parental control for screen time. Any reviews?

Default Parental control for screen time. Any reviews?

I am looking to get something to limit screen time across devices in my house. I was looking into Circle by Disney, but it appears that its a device plugged into our router, and the minute I fall asleep, they will just unplug it. Any thing anyone can refer for me?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Change the wifi password on a regular basis. Admittedly I have never changed my password bc I have no idea how to do that, but I think it's probably the most foolproof way to shut down access.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Apple devices can be controlled with the new screen time feature in the settings. We have that set up for the kids.. we have downtime set where it is locked out as well as individual app limits.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

Yeah, change the password. If you don’t know how, ask the kids to show you! It won’t stop them hanging out at McDonald’s for the free wifi or any other hot spot for that matter.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I can’t just change the password. Everything in my house works on WiFi. I just want it shut down at a certain time so everyone is forced to get off and sleep. And not all items are apple products.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

A*O

Unplug and hide the router?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Did anyone else have parents back in the day who would attempt to control TV watching by removing and hiding one of the tubes? I used to be such a whiz at diagnosing which tube(s) was/were missing. I had the whole thing memorized and knew exactly what I was looking for.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

edited:
    sorry, missed the issue entirely (screens off when it's bedtime) They were tired as dogs next day so we talked about why they need sleep, why looking at a screen in the dark is not too healthy and collected devices a couple of times. Also, this way they can charge their phones... (no cables in bed!) They are bright kids, it didn't take long, epecially when they realized getting up is easier this way

I donít know how it works but I know my best friendís Wi-Fi is set on a timer and shuts off at a certain hour. You can always plug your laptop to the modem though.
    i would just take their phones away and given them back in the morning.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Can you maybe have to WIFI log-ins? My provider gives me the possibility to have to access, one for guests and one regular one. That way you could give your kids the guest log-in and control the password / shut down time without having to change every other device from having access?
    yanna likes this.
    -

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i would just take their phones away and given them back in the morning.
    this is probably the only way other than doing the screen time thing suggested above. take away wifi and then the data gets used.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yep, take all devices to your room when you go to bed. That is the only way to shut it all down. I had to do it at times.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information