Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Until Dawn - Rush of Blood (PlayStation 4 VR game)

Default Until Dawn - Rush of Blood (PlayStation 4 VR game)

I waited a long time to actually buy this game, but a couple of nights ago, I saw Sony was selling it on line for about $10. I had played a few minutes of it at a relatives house.

Anyway, I absolutely love this game. Even though I'm not a gun person, I love shooting games and this thing is amazing. You are basically on an endless roller coaster being pulled through the world's creepiest haunted house ride, while various things attack you. The graphics are great. It is totally immersive and puts your right there.

The clip below is where I am currently stuck. The coaster hits the bottom of a steep portion of track and then comes to a stop -- because a chainsaw-wielding psycho is right in your face. I mean - I literally have to lean back in my couch because it looks like the thing is going to bump heads with me. So far, I have unloaded various machine gun clips and shot gun shells into him and even blown up gasoline barrels next to him, and he refuses to die. Amazeballs.

fgg

we just got a playstation and plan to get the VR as a christmas gift for the kids. not into scary games but they do play shooter games. have you played any other VR games? i will take recommendations!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    we just got a playstation and plan to get the VR as a christmas gift for the kids. not into scary games but they do play shooter games. have you played any other VR games? i will take recommendations!
    Definitely Skyrim VR, which comes with certain versions of the VR headset. I've posted about it before here, but it was a lot of fun. The Move controllers allow you to simulate a sword, a bow and arrow, etc. There are also two different ways of moving, depending on what works for you.

Eve Valkyrie is a space fighter game. Great graphics and action.

There is a Spiderman demo we tried that was terrific. I didn't buy it because it was too expensive at the time. I may check it out again because it is probably much cheaper now.

Eagle Flight VR is pretty good, but it might make you throw up, LOL.

fgg

thanks, mo! we have skyrim for the nintendo switch so i know that that game is but not in VR.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Do you ever play on Xbox or android gaming online? My son would love to play with you! He loves first person shooter games. He got the Oculus Rift for Christmas and he played the hell out of it, but he freaking broke part of the headset so it's basically useless right now. He's been begging for the HTC Vive, but that's another freaking $500! He's very into Skyrim (which I'm pretty sure he plays on his PC). I'm pretty sure Steam carries stuff for all VR systems and they *constantly* have sales. He has a PS4, but never plays it. He's an Xbox and PC gaming kind of guy. He's playing this one game (the name escapes me) right now and the graphics are just amazing.

This is about all I can handle with VR ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd2ASup_QBo ... and that's a much higher level than I'm capable of, plus I don't have the cool Darth Maul sword, just the regular sword in each hand. I get totally winded after playing one game and I have to stop at the 2nd or 3rd game because I feel like I'm dying. I think it's part of my anxiety issues because when I get anxious, I tend to hold my breath when doing physical things, so it's easy to get winded that way. But the game is SO cool.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Do you ever play on Xbox or android gaming online? My son would love to play with you! He loves first person shooter games. He got the Oculus Rift for Christmas and he played the hell out of it, but he freaking broke part of the headset so it's basically useless right now. He's been begging for the HTC Vive, but that's another freaking $500! He's very into Skyrim (which I'm pretty sure he plays on his PC). I'm pretty sure Steam carries stuff for all VR systems and they *constantly* have sales. He has a PS4, but never plays it. He's an Xbox and PC gaming kind of guy. He's playing this one game (the name escapes me) right now and the graphics are just amazing.

This is about all I can handle with VR ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd2ASup_QBo ... and that's a much higher level than I'm capable of, plus I don't have the cool Darth Maul sword, just the regular sword in each hand. I get totally winded after playing one game and I have to stop at the 2nd or 3rd game because I feel like I'm dying. I think it's part of my anxiety issues because when I get anxious, I tend to hold my breath when doing physical things, so it's easy to get winded that way. But the game is SO cool.
    About the only thing I play on the Xbox these days is Left4Dead -- I love, love, love that game. It's basically my favorite ever. It used to be my kids' favorite, too, but they've moved on. I still remember when Mrs Mo and I would come back from the gym and our daughter would be playing matches online where she took turns being the survivors or the monsters. I never play online because I might have to drop out unexpectedly, and then people downgrade your rating or start kicking you off in the next match. Also, I think my headset microphone might not be working properly.

My son plays Steam games almost exclusively - even though I bought the PlayStation VR last Xmas. He plays RocketLeague, Counter Strike Global Ops, and a really weird-looking throwback game called "The Binding of Isaac". It makes a lot of references to the Bible, but not necessarily in a good way, LOL. He also plays Persons Unknown Battleground (PUB-G), Overwatch, and Fortnite. He has become frustrated with the last three, though.

Just one last thing - I'm in the final round of "Rush of Blood" and you are battling a giant demon -- the effects are amazing. He leans down into your face and his body is so huge, he is all around you. I'm stuck on this level for now, but I'm loving it.
    Nevan likes this.

Thread Information