Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brah

Thread: Instagram fame whore :D

Default Instagram fame whore :D

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you were good with Instagram.
    I registered a year and a half ago, and right now most of my posts (drawings) get around 30 likes. Not that any of what I draw deserves a million, but I don't understand how to get my pictures viewed a bit more.
    I must suck real hard at hashtags I guess, but I have no clue how many you should have, what is a good hashtag, what you should do to promote your art.

I intended to use Instagram as a boost for my tattoo apprenticeship research and obviously this failed big time

So if any of you have any tips or recommendations, I'll all ears !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Personally, my account is private and can be viewed only by close friends and family. Every so often I browse on IG, and those accounts that I don't follow but can view are all public and automatically accept you as a follower. I've also noticed a lot of similar account follow each other, and oftentimes tag (@) each other and share each others posts.

I am by no means an expert, you may already be doing all of this...

Firstly make sure your account is public. Hashtags are a good way to get noticed. Maybe check out some other people's art posts and see what hashtags they use for some ideas. Also like some posts that are similar to yours, it's a way of people noticing you.
    I agree with Moongirl too, maybe follow some accounts that are similar to yours.

I don't use IG but my kid does. I'll have to ask her but I seem to recall something to do with following like minded others who then follow you and typically their "fans" will check you out. I'll check.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Use hashtags, find accounts similar to yours and like/comment/follow. Back when I cared, I used to look through the followers of people who had a higher ratio of following/followers, and follow their followers (if that makes sense), because it meant that those accounts followed back. You can look through the tag 'like for like' or "follow for follow". I didn't do it that often and hardly ever posted, but I got up to 400 followers in a couple of weeks, and went from a dozen likes to 60+. It's a lot of interacting.
    Sleuth likes this.

Im a Instawhore.. mainly with my own photography. I keep a public account, hashtags are inportant. Like and follow people with similar work or style. You can also go through other profiles and randomly follow people who have shown interest in the type of stuff you do. Chances are they will also follow you back which may lead to you becoming more suggested to other users.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Thanks for all the advice guys !
    I'm currently drawing a tarot card series with star wars characters, I'll make sure to do that following followers stuff (I don't really follow people actually ) and steal their hashtags !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Thread Information