• 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By whitetigeress
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By Nevan
  • 1 Post By dallison

Thread: Can Anyone Recommend Ear Buds That Are Worth A Shit?

Default Can Anyone Recommend Ear Buds That Are Worth A Shit?

Bought what I thought was a great pair 2 weeks ago and the right ear bud stopped working. This happened to my last pair. 2 months after purchasing, right ear bud stopped working.

I use ear buds every day and I'm always very careful.

Any brands ya'll can recommend that actually last and don't fall apart if the wind changes?

Thanks!
    Waterslide likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I still swear by my cheap ass Rovking earbuds. They're the only ones that don't hurt my ears after hours of drowning out my clown office. A lot of people also recommend Skull Candy, which I would be willing to try to if the situation arose.

ETA - I'm a klutz so I sometimes lose the rubber part of the earbuds, but that's because I'm a spaz. it takes a lot to lose them. And the little plastic clip breaks, but I don't use that, and again I'm a spaz and I don't use that part anyway. But the important part - the ear buds, the cord, and the connection are all in great shape. They are also anti-tangle.

And not to hijack your thread Bluebonnet, but can anyone suggest some earphones (like Beats, but not Beats because that shit apparently doesn't last) that won't break the bank and will actually last more than six months?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I have and love these. I bought my 2 sons each a pair and even they like them. It's been 2 years or so and still going well.

Bluebonnet likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

The ear buds that came with my iPhone 5 were awesome. Great bass for ear buds. I still have them plugged into my work computer even though I stopped using the phone.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Forgive me for piping in with this public announcement .....(I only do it because I care <3)
    ....please keep in mind the volume and exposure to protect your ears!
    It has been suggested to go for over the ears headphones which slightly lowers your chance of noise induced hearing loss.
    I've used skullcandy myself until I discovered Phonak Compilot which is a bluetooth 'necklace' that pairs devices like my phone to my hearing aids. I LOVE it.
    I second Mo's comment about Iphone buds. My son's says they rank pretty high among brand names.

Beltone.com;
    'The ear buds commonly sit within the ear canal. This puts the audio signal close to your inner ear the equivalent of boosting it by as much as nine decibels. Nine decibels is substantial, when you consider that anything over 85 decibels can cause hearing damage. It's like going from the sound of a dinner bell to the sound of a lawn mower. And, if the ear buds don't make a tight seal, background noise seeps in causing the wearer to raise the volume even more.
    Further, newer devices have more memory and better battery life, allowing people to listen longer, without interruption.
    Even moderately high volume can cause hearing loss if listened to for too long. For example, listening to sound at ninety decibels for three hours can be as damaging as hearing something at 155 decibels (like a jet taking off) for thirty seconds.'

twitchy2.0 and Bluebonnet like this.

I'm a loud volume junkie. Always have been. I was constantly getting told "Turn that down!!" growing up. LOL! Now as I've aged, it's not as important to me when I'm in the car or at home.

And let's face it. There's just some music that isn't even worth listening to if not cranked up. For me, it's Led Zeppelin and bagpipe music. Those must be loud or you miss the full effect.

Other music, I can tolerate on lower volume.

But when I DO use the ear buds, it's only for about 20-30 minutes at a time on my commute to work.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I think I've mentioned this in another thread, I swear by Sony earbuds. And I buy the cheapest ones. Great sound, VERY comfortable soft plastic, sturdy wire, great colours. With or without a mic.

I've got a skullcandy too but I can't keep those in for long. That's wireless though, use it occasionally.

Skull Candy are the best and they're inexpensive. I have had them for 2-3 years now.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

On the subject of earbuds, any suggestions for something that actually stays in without jamming them in so hard it hurts? My son has the same problem so I think our weird ear design must be hereditary.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    On the subject of earbuds, any suggestions for something that actually stays in without jamming them in so hard it hurts? My son has the same problem so I think our weird ear design must be hereditary.
    I've seen some on Amazon that come in different sizes; depending on the person's ear canal size.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post

My ears are apparently really tiny. The ear buds that come with the iphone will not fit my ears. The regular old Skull Candy brand works fantastic for me.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The earbuds I mentioned have 3 different earpiece sizes that come with it and depending on which you prefer, you can order more.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I bought BeatsX wireless earbuds (with a mic) on a flash sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. They're awesome, especially if you like bass. It comes with a carrying case and multiple earpieces.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

The boyf surprised me with these ones and I really like them. They're the same kind he always uses at the gym and he's never had a problem with them. I find they're really comfortable (come with a variety of ear bud sizes) and the sound is great.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ubit...719735800.html
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Bronze Member

Sorry .Can't recommend one but here is the place to buy them . https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...=y&CatId=63705 .

Or ,noise cancelling ear buds. https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...ds&needQuery=n . You pay your money & take your choice ,

Thread Information