Thread: A single page website - how to?

Default A single page website - how to?

If you know of a site where I can customize a single webpage please let me know.

I have a domain. I would like to try a page consisting of one photograph and contact info. That's it. My domain and email are through yahoo, the web hosting as I've read is not good. The advice was to find a web template and add your domain. Okay. So I looked at Sitebuilder, One Page, Blue Host, Bootstrap. I tried. I couldn't do it and I can do stuff like this if it's basic.

I thought I could create it myself and put it into a template, but I don't know what hell I'm talking about. I don't want clicking or page turning or scrolling - it's really just a web presence. I just want to try it. I may not keep it. It would have my font and one photo of a work.

Like this kind of thing. Thanks.

If you already have a domain and web hosting through Yahoo, then you don't really need anything like Site Builder. For a really basic page like you're describing, you don't really even need a template - it's just some text next to an image, right? You could use something like this: https://html-online.com/editor/ You edit your page in the left window, then copy the code in the right window, save it in a text editor as a text file, then upload it (and the image) using whatever tools Yahoo provides as "index.html".

Is your website built on WordPress WCM?
    If yes, then you can install a Page Builder Plugin to edit a single page.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    If you already have a domain and web hosting through Yahoo, then you don't really need anything like Site Builder. For a really basic page like you're describing, you don't really even need a template - it's just some text next to an image, right? You could use something like this: https://html-online.com/editor/ You edit your page in the left window, then copy the code in the right window, save it in a text editor as a text file, then upload it (and the image) using whatever tools Yahoo provides as "index.html".
    Thanks, Vera. I'll look into that. I'm not sure Yahoo does this anymore since they changed a few things, but I'll click on your link.

Thanks, Kyle I don't have a site, just thinking about it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

What platform are you using?

Thread Information