Thread: Have you ever been hacked?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Have you ever been hacked?

There are some crazy mofo hackers out there...

When I used to play online games, I got hacked once. Whoever it was (there is actually an infamous hacker gamer clan called myg0t or something like that and this person was a member) managed to crash my comp and messed up the windows system.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

Default Re: Have you ever been hacked?

I don't think so..but that's crazy moomies!

Did you not have a firewall? Or where they able to bypass it?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

The firewall was turned off cuz you want like maximum comp power (lol, I sound so geeky ...but like memory and what not) playing these games cuz things like your processing speed really affects your performance plus firewall lags your game. There's another hacking clan called JAPs (not too fond of that name for obvious reasons...). The myg0t ppl are real deal h4xorz...you could get hacked just going to their forum if you are a noob and they decide to toy with you.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

A*O

I had an online credit card transaction hacked so some asshole got the card details and went crazy buying domain names and other computer shit until, luckily, my bank spotted the unusual activity and shut down the card $10,000 later. The bank/card people picked up the tab. I just had to wait 10 days for a new card and then re-do all my standing orders, subscriptions, etc which was a pain but actually was a useful excuse to weed out the stuff I didn't really need or want any longer.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

I got hacked many times. I don't like the hackers - they are intruders!

For some strange strange reason, somebody hacked my Grandparents' computer. Don't know why or how, but they did.

I've never been hacked yet, but I'd be screwed by now if I didn't have a good anti virus system because sometimes I've been on the net and the message 'a recent attack' came up alot. Do these people have anything fucking better to do with their time!

I had an online game account that someone accessed and took all the in game items that could be sold on e-bay. (Can't really say theft cause technically it's just pixels, but I know they went to e-bay or something similar). And if you don't think it happens, go to e-bay and search WoW (World of Warcraft) or Ultima Online and see what people sell these in-game pixels for. It's nuts.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Zee

^^Didn't know they sold that on ebay. Very interesting and sad at the same time.

Got hacked at work. Had an open port that was used once for pcanywhere access. Didn't even realize it was still open. Had first run hollywood movies dumped on servers. BIG FILES.

Didn't mess around watching the movies. Just purged and tightened things up to make sure it didn't happen again.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Although I donít agree with it in the slightest, I can predominantly understand somebody wanting to hack another individualís computer for bank details, account information etc. Obviously because they could possibly make a financial gain out of it.

What I donít understand is hackers who waste their time gaining access to anotherís computer to merely mess wit them. Ruin their settings; give their computer a virus or whatever. I find that incredibly tactless and juvenile. I suggest these kinds of people dislodge their stout behinds from their computer chairs and make some kind of acquaintances so as not to become bored stiff to the extent that they are willing to bother complete strangers on the internet.

A*O

Yeah but if you are a spotty 14yr old emo nerd with too many hormones and not enough to occupy yourself with (apart from the obvious) then hacking for 'fun' is the highlight of your day - assuming you even know it's daytime, being locked in your black painted dungeon 24/7.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh my, that did amuse me! And you are right, I never thought about it that way. I didnít think of children, just middle-aged fat men with stained underpants waiting to collect their dole.

I guess for a Ďspotty 14 year old emo nerdí it would be an extraordinary satisfying achievement to compose. No wonder we have so many overweight children these days. When I was younger it was football in the streets and or rounders in the park. There wasnít any of this - sitting in my parentís living room for days on end watching television or playing computer games.

Thread Information