Thread: Does anyone know how to put videos I took on my camera to DVD?

Default Does anyone know how to put videos I took on my camera to DVD?

I have a Kodak Easyshare camera. During our vacation in Mexico in December, I took several pictures/videos of events going on in our small town. I took my memory card to a CVS Photo center, and was initially told I [I]could[I] put my pictures and videos on DVD. After much back and forth (had to return an hour later, did return only to find out the guy helping me never put in a blank DVD to burn the pics/video on), I finally got my DVD's. I went home and popped in the first DVD, and yes, all photos were on there. Popped in the 2nd DVD with the videos, and it was completely blank. I went back to the store and spoke to the actual photo department manager, who informs me you can't put videos on a DVD with their machines, just still pics from a video. Does anyone know if I upload the videos on my laptop, can I burn them on a DVD at home? Or what can I do?

Can you tell me the exact make and model of your camera? The reason I'm asking is that I was wondering what the native video format is for your EasyShare camera - MP4, AVI, MPG, .MTS?

The other question is whether you want the videos to work in a traditional DVD player, or whether you want to burn a DVD that can be read on a PC?

Any CVS, Walgreens, etc. can do it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Can you tell me the exact make and model of your camera? The reason I'm asking is that I was wondering what the native video format is for your EasyShare camera - MP4, AVI, MPG, .MTS?

The other question is whether you want the videos to work in a traditional DVD player, or whether you want to burn a DVD that can be read on a PC?
    Easyshare ZD8612 IS, and I want it to work on a traditional DVD player.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Any CVS, Walgreens, etc. can do it.
    I did go to CVS, they can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Easyshare ZD8612 IS, and I want it to work on a traditional DVD player.
    I just checked the specs on the Kodak web site. It looks like the video format for the camera is Quicktime, which usually has a .MOV file extension.

The easiest way to do this yourself would be the following: Install FreeMake - it's a free video conversion and DVD recording app - from here: Freemake | Best Freeware Alternatives To Paid Video Software.

I've used FreeMake for years. Including for work stuff - like training videos that we have to submit to customers at the completion of a project. I usually don't have to prepare a true DVD. I usually just put together a data DVD.

Anyway, I just tested the function of converting to a true DVD (which works in a traditional DVD player). It worked okay for me, but I did have a little jitter (that is a problem you won't have with your camera, though).

Once you put your blank DVD in your burner, you just need to start Freemake, drag all your videos into the main window, then click on the "to DVD" icon. It will detect your burner and then create the DVD.

So, look for the app, install it on my laptop, and proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, look for the app, install it on my laptop, and proceed?
    If you have a blank DVD and your video files with you, it's that easy.

I know this is a super-obvious question, but you do have a DVD burner in your laptop?

Here is the other thing - some traditional DVD players play only DVD-R, while some play DVD+R. Some play both. You should make sure you know what formats your DVD player can handle.

Also, after you burn the DVD, test it and see if the video and audio are okay. If not, what you have to do is burn a new DVD, but this time click the "single pass encoding" text and then select "two pass encoding". It will take longer but eliminate most audio/video problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If you have a blank DVD and your video files with you, it's that easy.

I know this is a super-obvious question, but you do have a DVD burner in your laptop?

Here is the other thing - some traditional DVD players play only DVD-R, while some play DVD+R. Some play both. You should make sure you know what formats your DVD player can handle.

Also, after you burn the DVD, test it and see if the video and audio are okay. If not, what you have to do is burn a new DVD, but this time click the "single pass encoding" text and then select "two pass encoding". It will take longer but eliminate most audio/video problems.
    I honestly don't know, I have to check before I get all hopeful, lol! Thanks for your help.

Thread Information