Thread: iPod and I'm happy

A*O

Default iPod and I'm happy

I ranted before about my useless iPod 6GB Mini that took all day to charge and 5 minutes to go flat again. Getting songs out of iTunes onto the iPod Mini was very hit and miss and working my way around the actual iPod was difficult because it only seemed to have random moments of cooperation.

I explained the problem to various geeks and to Apple and nobody was prepared to offer any real help and since the iPod was purchased at Hong Kong Duty Free by MrAO (although I suspect he might have got it off the back of a rickshaw) I could not return it to the place of purchase. I also spoke to other iPod Mini owners and several reported exactly the same problems. Hmmmmmmmm.

So - because I need to zone out to hard trance music at the gym in order to get through the pain barrier I decided to get a new iPod - only this time I got the 'normal' one. What a difference! It takes an hour to charge and lasts for 2-3 days. Transferring music from the 'puter is easy peasy and makes me realise what a piece of crap the Mini was. I now discover the Apple agrees because the Mini is no longer available - in Oz at least.

If anyone is thinking about getting an iPod DO NOT be tempted by a cheap Mini. It's really not worth the aggro.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

SVZ

Default Re: iPod and I'm happy

The thing with Apple is that they come out with different "generations", so if you buy them early they tend to suck, the newer ones get better and better.

I'm sure all manufacturers do this but I hear the most about it with Apple.

Like the new Macbooks, the first generation whine at a really high frequency, and they also overheated.

Lil

I don't think they make the mini anymore. I have one, even older than yours as it is only a 2GB one which was all there was at the time I got it. It is OK, but I only really use it in the BOSE speakers so I don't really know how long the battery lasts. It does an odd thing sometimes though. if I don't update it regularly from the PC it starts to forget songs - I'll put a playlist on, and it will just miss tracks out, and if I try to choose the missing one specifically it can't play it. Very annoying.

I want a black Nano now instead.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Mini is dead.

The biggest flaw to the iPod is the non user replaceable battery. It can be taken in to a service centre an the batt replaced.

I just got and iPod Video 30g and got Mrs EM an iPod Nano 4GB. No problems with them so far. Mine spends 90% of the time in the car as I got a stereo to match that accepts iPod wired in ( FM transmitters suck ).

Who needs a 6 stack CD when you have an 8000 song ipod!!
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

EVIL MONKEY where have you been dude? Glad to see you back!!!
    OH man you got married? Congrats!!!

No. Its Mrs EM in the colloquial sense......

Although she is talking 'future' alot.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Huh? Can you elaborate?

No not married.

Just GF.

Thread Information