Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: LG Flexible Display - mark my words, this is going to change our freaking world!

Default LG Flexible Display - mark my words, this is going to change our freaking world!

Okay, maybe I'm hyperventilating a little. But there are a number of reasons why this is huge.

1. Your tv will be light as a feather - you can easily move it from room to room and you could even put it on your ceiling, lie flat on your bed, and watch tv like Elvis Presley.
    2. Your bulky, unattractive, super-sized tv set that dominates a particular room will disappear. Instead, your tv will be like a window blind that you pull down from the ceiling to watch TV and then roll back up when you don't feel like watching any more.
    3. Imagine rolling your 80-inch tv up into a tube and sticking it in your car and going over to your friends' place with it so that you can watch a movie (or play video games) on it.
    4. Also for gaming it will be easier to create immersive environments - like have three of these babies - one in front and one on each side to create an even better car racing or first-person video game.
    5. A flexible, super-light display also means you will be able to build displays into more things - like car seats, dash boards, cabinets, etc. I know that for some people that sounds like a horror story.....
    6. Some of these displays are semi transparent, so they could even be overlaid on windows during the day time or when not in use.

Brookie, rockchick and dougie like this.

That's amazing. I want one!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

too cool!

Very very cool!!! Is it me, or is Samsung getting pretty kickass at being first on a bunch on new technologies?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Very very cool!!! Is it me, or is Samsung getting pretty kickass at being first on a bunch on new technologies?
    Samsung seems to be all over the OLED technologies. Their phones are based on OLED/AMOLED, which means they have been getting their product processes fine tuned on this technology and offering them in the market place for years already. These TVs are OLED. The reason they are flexible and the phones are not is just because it's not practical/desirable/workable to have a flexible phone screen coupled to an inflexible battery, CPU, audio elements.
    Sylkyn likes this.

Man, I started hyperventilating, too. I would love to have one. VERY cool.

Thread Information