Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The App Thread

A*O

Default The App Thread

Sooooo many of them and I'm sure we all have faves. Can we perhaps have a special thread for Apps we love to love and hate? Not just games, also useful or practical ones?

I'm a bit of a trivia tragic so I love Quizup (free so far).
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hmmm, I must be Ms Boring. I have one for my credit union, one each for the Detroit Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, one for my credit cards, voice recorder, a couple of games, a level, stop watch. Practical stuff.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Go Launcher so I can customize the look to the way I want it. I use this on every single android I've own. I'm on my 4th, a newly brought Note 2. Not sure if I'm liking or not. May root it to get rid of all the damn bloatware.
    I wish I knew how to make theme apps. Most of the themes are so childish imo.
    I'm a wordgames freak. I have Scrabble and Wordhero. I LOVE Wordhero because of all the other player's country flags next to there usernames. I'm playing with the world! So awesome.

I have Planet finder, trivia cafe, wunderground(weather), WSVN news, Kraft foods, air horn, compass.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Some making my life a lot easier or more pleasant: XE currency, spotify (and Tunnelbear for making it possible) letteropener for all these WIN attachments, googlemaps epson print. Missing BUMP so much.

Also have MLB At Bat and At the Ballpark, Mr Number (blocks calls), several apps that turn my phone into a writing pad, Parkmobile, Delta Airlines, StarWalk, TuneIn Radio, Jasper Tramway, Google +.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

NFL, Ravens, good reads, Lowes, Moviefone, retailmenot, Home Depot, Audible, p tracker, and Flashlight are some of my favorite apps!
    Badgammon, Flutter(raise butterflies), wordsearch, and logotv..
    Last edited by *DIVA!; March 25th, 2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    several apps that turn my phone into a writing pad, .
    Which one is the best? Does MR number work?
    Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Sooooo many of them and I'm sure we all have faves. Can we perhaps have a special thread for Apps we love to love and hate? Not just games, also useful or practical ones?

I'm a bit of a trivia tragic so I love Quizup (free so far).
    I LOVE trivia, but I didn't do quiz up because I had to signup through Facebook. I hate that.

I have so many apps. My current favs and one's I use all the time are: coupons.com, amazon price check and amazon, farm heroes, pandora, cracked.com, bubble mania, rhyme stymie, candy crush, welder and magic piano (love that stupid thing). Of course, I use the app for my bank, the app for electric car parking spots, cnn, nbcnews, local news and the 100 apps my kid uses.

I'm sure there are more.

Weekly Ads - FREE. Type in your zip code and it finds the exact weekly ads for all the grocery and retail stores based on your geo position. So, in my case, it has the weekly adds for CVS, Shoppers food, Rite Aid, Kohl's Wal-mart, Lowes, AutoZone, Sears, Michael's, and on and on. Along with the closest street address of each store. There is an electronic coupons button, too. If you hit it, it provides a scannable UPS code for storewide sales in your area. For example, 40% off clearance at J. Crew. 20% off of $40 at Carters. 40% off a single item at Hobby Lobby. Similar stuff for OfficeMax, ToysRUs, Macy's, Harbor Freight tools. There's also a printable product coupons button - when you click it, you can go to a specific category - like Baby stuff, home entertainment, pet care, beverages.

TurboScan - FREE. Turns your iPhone into a desktop scanner. After you can a document - I've done up to about 30 pages, it creates a PDF of the document. You can do all kind of adjustments if you want. Very fast. Does a great job.

I have a bunch more but these are the ones I consider really worthwhile.

Shazam
    . Will listen to any song playing and identify the artist.

I have a buttload of photo apps, all do different things, none is perfect, so I have a bunch and use them depending on what it is I want to do with a picture. The ones I can recommend are: hipstamatic, Instagram, aviary, PS express (photoshop), tadaa, PS touch, Handy Photo

Agenda. Great planner app, way better than the calendar one that comes with the iPhone. It's about 99 and it's way better than a lot of more expensive ones, and it synchs all your agendas on all your devices.

iPeriod. Track your period. Handy lady app. And it's free. There's a paid version but I don't see the point.

hopstop. Nifty NYC subway app.

Side by side. Fun little photo app that lets you make little photo montages from two different pictures, to point out similarities for instance. My sister and I had fun making one with that cartoon bird Rio and my grandma (separated at birth, I swear).

carpenter. Has a level, a ruler, pendulum, a compass and a bunch of other stuff.

Measures lite. Will convert any measurement unit. Feet to metres, ounces to litres, etc. particularly handy if you're a normal, logical metric person stuck in the one country in the world that continues to defy common sense when it comes to measuring units.

Cardreader. Takes pictures of business cards and reads the info and puts it into your contacts.

Paper|53. This is an ipad one but it's awesome. You need one of those ipad pens/stylus thingies but it's amazing, lets you draw, write by hand, paint, etc and make a bunch of notebooks and they even have a service that lets you get your books printed in moleskine notebooks.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 25th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
    MohandasKGanja and KrisNine like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Shazam sounds great.

Shazam is amazing. Really.
    KrisNine and Jazzy like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Shazam is amazing. Really.
    I wonder if it would work in my gym. Do you need to hold it right up to a speaker for it to get decent detection? Also, how much does it cost?

A*O

I like the sound of those scanning ones. Also the carpenter thingy for MrAO. Hey! I could download it onto his phone for his birthday!! He's a cheap bastard so it would serve him right.

I like Tunein Radio for almost any station worldwide including my beloved and much missed BBC Radio 4. I use Imgur a lot, also Amazon for real and kindle books and Goodreads is an excellent book review/chat app.

I have Quizup on my iPad and didn't need (shudder) Facebook to get it. I confess I do have FB too but only to read email notifications for stuff sent from other people. I never post anything.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information