Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By msdeb
  • 1 Post By Sylkyn
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By Air Quotes

Thread: Twitter - and the Android app - are shite

Default Twitter - and the Android app - are shite

Twitter blocked me from my Twitter account last November. Being an Android phone user, Twitter gave me No. Effing. Choice. but to download the Twitter app from the store.

Hidden in terms and conditions small print: the Twitter app can access everything on my phone. Fucking farewell to privacy. But that isn't even where the trouble begins.

The Twitter app for Android starts downloading shit from Google Store without my permission. And while the Twitter app for Android downloads almost 100 megabytes of Google Store shite - and updates said unwanted shite - the Twitter App is "tweeting" my tweet for over five damn minutes, with no way for me to cancel the endlessly en route tweet without losing what I just wrote.

The Twitter app for Android is a useless, stressful piece-of-shit app, and now I have to go through my phone trying to find and uninstall everything the Twitter app spontaneously installed in my phone. And while I tried to use it, I noticed that even the smallest font size it allowed (13points) was too big for the screen. Before the Twitter app, 7-10 tweets in the timeline could fit on the screen. The Twitter/Andoid app reduced it to 3-4 tweets.

I am sick and tired of the compulsory app shit. And I can't log on to my Twitter account anymore! Fucking Twitter! Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any new social media trend coming over the horizon to replace (fucking) Twitter?

when i had an android, i used a different Twitter app it was called Tweetcaster. Never had a problem with it.
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Mine is crashing constantly and my fonts are screwy too. I'm gonna look into tweetcaster.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Huh...weird. I haven't had any trouble with the Twitter app for android over any of my phones. I'm wondering if you got some kind of virus. It sounds like it. See if you can download Lookout or AVG for android.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I am sick and tired of the compulsory app shit. And I can't log on to my Twitter account anymore! Fucking Twitter! Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any new social media trend coming over the horizon to replace (fucking) Twitter?
    How about this - I have a Nook (an Android device) and I don't recall every installing Twitter in the first place, but over the last two weeks, I've gotten a message that Twitter has failed to start properly. I really haven't been paying attention to this closely until Kat Scorp mentioned it, but now I'm wondering if Google has some kind of agreement with Twitter to automatically try to install this on people's Android devices, whether they want it or not.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Tweetcaster seems to work great thanks Msdeb!
    Kat Scorp and msdeb like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Thank you for the suggestions, MsDeb and Sylkyn; I'll try to find 'Tweetcaster' and 'Lookout' (or 'AVG').

:Yer phone hates you: Yeah, I agree w/o reservation. But the feeling is mutual
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

My daughter just hooked me up on Twitter, even though I have no clue what I'm doing. I am accessing it through my android, too. No problem so far as I can tell.
    Soooo...who are good stars to follow or any tips/tricks to help me figure it all out??

So,...no twitter tips out there from you tech savvy GR'ers?!?!?

Thread Information