Thread: Blog advice

Bronze Member

Default Blog advice

Does anyone blog on here? I've been thinking of starting one, I write short stories and thought I could put some up there, it seems like these days you've got no hope of getting anywhere in publishing etc unless you have an online presence.
    A few people have mentioned wordpress and someone told me to look at (removed) which I did and found this but I'm not sure if this (removed) is the kind of thing I need? I tend to think you get what you pay for but I don't know if this is the case with this kind of thing.

So any advice would be welcome, and advice about how often to blog too. And how to get followers. And how it should look etc.
    Apart from that I totally know what I'm doing!

Last edited by twitchy2.0; December 13th, 2013 at 06:38 AM.

i'm actually interested in this question because my bf is hysterical and i keep telling him to start a blog but neither of us know where to start.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bronze Member

It seems everyone blogs now and part of me thinks that just because you can talk about it on the internet, doesn't mean you should. But it's also a good way of putting things out there. I'm always hearing about people making money from blogging too. I maybe need to find out more about it before I start. Lol, maybe someone's done a blog about it

1) Wordpress is a good way to get an aesthetically-pleasing, professional looking blog.

2) You have to get your name out there. Make connections, build relationships, create accounts on Twitter, Google +, Facebook, and whatever other social networking platforms you can think of. This is very important.

3) Contribute to other websites, offer to guest post for free (at first) if you're an industry/subject expert. Put your social networking links in your signature.

4) Time and patience. It takes time to really establish yourself as a voice and standing out in a crowded market. It's a lot of work, but anything worth having is...Lots of networking, marketing, and making connections.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; December 23rd, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i recommend you to use wordpress as well, they are pretty good and simply to use!!!

Thread Information