Thread: British Gamers admit to missing funerals, peeing in bottles and turning down sex

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default British Gamers admit to missing funerals, peeing in bottles and turning down sex

British gamers admit to missing funerals, turning down sex and even urinating into BOTTLES to stay in their video world

• New research from Domino's Pizza polled gamers across the UK
    • It found half of male gamers have turned down sex to play video games
    • Female gamers are most likely to ditch their friends to continue gaming
    • One in seven said they have relieve themselves into bottles to avoid leaving the room

Gamers across the country are gearing up for the launch of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles and new research has found many are willing to miss out on real-world events to play their favourite games.

Almost half of male gamers admitted they have turned down sex to continue playing, while a fifth of female gamers said they’d missed weddings and hen dos.

More disgustingly, one in seven gamers confessed to relieving themselves in an empty drinks bottle to avoid having to leave the room with gamers in Birmingham among the worst offenders.

Birmingham gamers also spend the most money on gaming a year at 253 per person ahead of Liverpool on 228 and Manchester on 223.
    The research was commissioned by Domino’s Pizza to celebrate the launch of Microsoft’s Xbox One on Friday and Sony’s PlayStation 4 the week after.

According to the study, although men were willing to give up a night of passion, or even going to the toilet, they were less likely than women to skip spending time with their friends.
    Women even said they’d missed funerals in order to play their games, yet almost 85 per cent of men said they would never miss a stag do, wedding or important event.

The research also found gamers across the country spend over 200 a year on 'gaming nights'. This money is spent on new games and consoles as well as snacks such as pizza, crisps and beer.

UK gamers said pizza was their favourite takeaway food to eat while they play (55 per cent), followed by Chinese (27 per cent) and Indian (15 per cent).
    Surprisingly, one in five gamers admitted to staying up for at least 30 consecutive hours playing their favourite games, and five per cent of male gamers said to have been so caught up in the action they even missed Christmas lunch.

The research also found gamers spend 200 a year on 'gaming nights'. This money was spent on new games and consoles as well as snacks such as pizza, crisps and beer. UK gamers said pizza was their favourite takeaway food to eat while playing (55 per cent), followed by Chinese (27 per cent) and Indian (15 per cent).

Domino’s spokesman Simon Wallis said: ‘With the number of new launches coming up this month, including PS4 and Xbox One, we’re expecting a spike in orders from across the country as gamers batten down the hatches and prepare to stay in and test out their new high-tech gadgets.’
    Gamers consume on average one pizza a week, with four out of ten eating leftovers for breakfast.

Call of Duty and FIFA fans showed a preference for Pepperoni, while Grand Theft Auto players hanker after a Hawaiian as their topping of choice.

And while some UK gamers admitted that video games were the ‘third person’ in their relationships, others said they have found romance in the world of online gaming.

One in five gamers claimed to have met the love of their life while playing online and Birmingham topped the list as the ‘gaming city of love,’ with over a third of Brummie-gamers admit to starting a relationship with fellow online gamers.

Read more: British gamers admit to missing funerals, turning down sex and even urinating into BOTTLES to stay in their video world | Mail Online

Well at least they are peeing, even if it is into a bottle, unlike cat people who risk bladder infections by holding it and holding it and holding it until they can barely make it to the bathroom just because the cat is asleep on their lap and looks too cute to move.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

it's so weird to me.
    i mean, my brothers had consoles growing up and i'd occasionally like one of their games and play with them, including a brief but intense affair with tekken 2 (i used to kick their asses). but that was it. they grew out of it by the time they were done high school.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    unlike cat people who risk bladder infections by holding it and holding it and holding it until they can barely make it to the bathroom just because the cat is asleep on their lap and looks too cute to move.

Sounds about right. My bestie and I used to spend whole weekends eating cherry loaf and playing video games. Good times
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Please say you took bathroom breaks!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Yeah! Very quick bathroom breaks so we didn't have to pause too long

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

We may have been gamers but we still had leg waxing tyvm

Thread Information