Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: iphone 5 or samsung galaxy s4.... i can't decide

Default iphone 5 or samsung galaxy s4.... i can't decide

is the iphone or the samsung galaxy s4 better for my needs?

i dont know which phone to get. i don't have a landline, so it will be my go to phone. i don't play games or watch movies on the phone... i want a good camera. and easy use.

i've been using a crapberry for two years. i want to flush it.

i can get either phone at the same price. i know the samsung is newer... but yeah... i need to know by sept 1
    any suggestions?

I want to know the same thing. Anyone?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i was all gung ho for the iphone because i wanted a white phone (yes i'm a phone racist)... but now i see the samsung has a white-ish phone too lol.

trying to find an honest comparison on the net is like watching two men have a bigger dick contest. you got the anti apples against the fanboys... gah.

I'm probably biased because I've had Apple computers for years but I had a Samsung (not the Galaxy, the one before) as part of my phone plan and ended up swapping it for a Motorola, which was also crap so now I use a friend's old iPhone 3 which is from like the 1940s it's so old but still better than either Android.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Decent camera, easy phone: go for the iPhone 5. I went from the iphone 4 to the samsung galaxy S3. So obviously the features will have changed but I wish I went for the iPhone 5. They both have their good and bad points..

iphone:
    Pros
    Fits better in my baby size hands
    Good camera
    Decent size screen
    iTunes - is a better interface for updating software/firmware/apps
    Can get really nice phone covers
    More intuitive.

Cons
    Froze constantly.
    Home button kept sticking.
    Screen smashes easily when dropped - expensive to repair.

S3
    Really decent size screen - great if you like to use it as an e-reader.
    Great resolution and clarity
    Great camera but lacks the ability to take photos without having to unlock your phone first. I have missed a lot of great photos because it's a slow process to get into the camera on the S3. (Apple can take photos without having to enter the pin on your phone)
    Awesome voice control features and the ability to ask your phone stupid questions and get a response.
    Strong, feels indestructible.

Cons:
    A little uncomfortable/awkward to hold for long periods of time
    Difficult to find a nice phone cover
    Hidden buttons at bottom of phone - very sensitive and in an awkward spot which I accidently touch.
    Kies - would have to be the shittiest piece of crap of shitty software I have ever come across.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

thanks sleuth. i am leaning towards the iphone. i know people with both phones, and even though the galaxy has 13 mp and iphone only has 8, i don't see much difference in their quality. i did see a few pix online of buildings taken far away then zoomed in and the iphone kinda went all blobby compared to the galaxy, i'm not too picky about that. i like the closeups of the iphone better. the colors are apparently more natural with the iphone and the galaxy's are more contrasting.

i am familiar with the iphone's OS.

my brother's galaxy sucks as a phone. he's so damn quiet and garbled on the line, i'm always going whaaaat? like an old lady. my other brother's iphone calls are crispy clear. now i'm not sure if that's the providers fault but i don't believe it is.

the only thing i'm worried about is i'm gonna buy the damn iphone 5, and a week later the 5s or 6 will come out. i will be pissed! and i'm sure apple is gonna really ramp up their phone since the other phones are doing really good on the market. well, they better ramp it up.

i wish steve jobs was still alive. i loved that guy. i think that's why i'm a fangirl.

I am a complete Droid whore. My b/f has an iPhone5 and it's such a pain. I currently have a Razr but soon as I have the money, hellllloooo Galaxy S4. Bigger screen and great camera.

I've used iphones since they first came out and figured I always would. However, after years of using iphones, my boyfriend decided he was no longer going to be apple's bitch and got the samsung. I have to admit that it's pretty cool. My iphone 5 seems so.... basic.... after playing with the galaxy. I don't prefer the larger size but I think I could live with it. It has a bit of a pause when you put pictures in text messages but not a big deal. Maybe I am just entranced by the interface which seems new and magical after years of looking at the iphone.

I can't tell any difference in sound when we talk to each other on our phones. No problems there. I don't see any difference in our pictures - quality seems about the same.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

A*O

Our family is split 50/50. Daughter and I have iPhones and they suit our (modest) needs very well. Husband and son have Galaxy which is overkill for husband - he's a simple soul but wants to appear cool and trendy. Son LOVES it, mainly because he's an annoying "Apple is the devil" type.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I have an S3 and I absolutely adore it. Works like a charm when I need it to.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMG, I was in the exact same place, I've used my blackberry for over 4 years. The Samsung phones are just too big. I tried the newest Blackberry with the physical keyboard and returned that shit in less than 24 hours, the proportions, balance, weight are all off. Got the iPhone and hate to admit it but I love the little fucker.

Also, latest rumor is the iPhone 5S drops September 10th, and another rumor is it will have a finger print sensor which I hope is absolute bullshit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I am an Apple bitch. I used a S2 for a month or so when my iPhone 4 got stolen, but it just wasn't for me. I now have a white iPhone 5 (which I've even named), and it's my love, so I'd say go for it!
    Annika and OrangeSlice like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Pound for pound an iPhone will last longer than any phone out there. I'll be Apple's bitch as long as they make them.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I just bought the Galaxy S4 last month and I love it! The thing that kills me about Apple, is that they want to control how you do anything. Android is an open market, and you can use about anything to do what you want. Plus, I would go broke if I had my kids using an iPhone and trying to re-down load all the music they have collected over the years for free through the android market.

I heard that the S4 has a better camera than the iPhone, but I am not sure on that one. I like how I can customize it to have the apps I want, or the weather gadget I love or whatever. I don't have to use what they tell me to use. I have watched clips of movies on it, and the picture on it is just awesome!!! Looks like the brand new HD tv I have in my livingroom, only in a compact size. It does come in white and black,...I got a white one.

If you do want an iPhone,...I'd wait a bit longer, since the new one is coming out in September.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; August 12th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

I am going to have to decide by November. I really love the idea of Siri. Anyone love or hate her?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information