Thread: *WORST* internet provider service EVER.

Angry *WORST* internet provider service EVER.

Ok.. for about a week, my internet at home has been one big ball of suck. Slow as hell, spotty connectivity, the works.

So about thursday evening, it just dies. We call Rogers cable (omg they suck, never use them) and explain the situation. We live in a house of tech geeks, with tech geek friends who visit often, so we let them handle it.

We get shunted to level 1 tech support, which is like tech support for retards. "Is the computer on? Is the model plugged in? Did you jiggle the wire?"... that sort.

Then, right after that, Rogers wants to send a tech out to, i suppose, jiggle the wire for us and make sure it's plugged in. Of course, that can only happen in 5 days. 5 fucking days! What the hell kind of service is that?

We refuse, and ask to be elevated to a higher level of tech support, because it's not our modem, or computers or anything else. Its their shit network.

So that happens, and they remotely take a look at our equipment.. nothing is wrong. Obviously, a bunch of people just got signed up onto our neighborhood network and when too many people are on it, everybody's service gets slower and slower. If you're the unlucky tool who was first, your service degrades so badly that your modem can't even FIND the internet, which is what happened.

So they want to send a tech to our place YET AGAIN, in another week.. which is the closest time they have. A fucking WEEK. And again, wtf are they hoping to find at our house? It's their NETWORK, not us.

Rogers cable = bullshit fuckbag retard service from hell, their network sucks, and anybody from toronto should drop them immediately. They're HORRIBLE.

We're asking for 2 weeks worth of compensation, then cutting Rogers off and going with Bell.

I can't believe a company with customer service this horrible is still in business.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

Default Re: *WORST* internet provider service EVER.

If you're in my area Bell high speed doesn't go faster than dial up because of the distance from the centrol office

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of cable modems and too many on a bandwidth. It happens here too sometimes.. particularly summer and weekends when every emolicious kid for miles around is logged on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    If you're in my area Bell high speed doesn't go faster than dial up because of the distance from the centrol office
    Oh gawd.

Well then I'm demanding they repartition my house.. that will probably have to be what happens. Then we'll be all speedy and shit.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My wireless router is the biggest biatch on the planet. You have to reboot every time it doesn't feel like working. Other than that, Comcast is a pretty good ISP.

But it's better than the alternative - having wires and waking up the next morning to find out my rabbit chewed them all!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Gotta agree Rogers (Shaw over here in BC) sux ARSE!

The best ISP we had was called NOVUS, we had fibre optics for about $30 a month and it was damn fast.
    Even Telus' ADSL is better than Rogers/Shaw cable internet connection.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I basically hate all computers, all internet services, all everything...

They all suck. Just me.

It seems my internet is doing the same as moomies and PB's internet. It's difficult to get on the site, and when I can it's only up for a few minutes and then I get the generic browser "can't access the site" screen

Ugh, stupid internet...

I had the same problem when I was having dodgy connection to the net a month ago. I'm with Talk America here in the SE Michigan area and supposedly there's alot of people with the serivce.

Well anyway when I called and told them the problem, they gave me a whole bunch of excuses and whatnot. Things like "too many people on at once", "the wire not being connected", "phone lines being worked on", etc. I asked if they could just send out a tech person and fix the problem, but no they wanted to ask more useless questions and have me fiddle around with the phoneline in my apartment.

After about an 2 hours on the phone with the dumbass I was talking to, he finally sends for someone to come to my apartment and check the box. Well I called on a Friday and so that meant I had to wait the ENTIRE WEEKEND for the tech guy.Finally the guy comes and jiggles the box and all of a sudden the net works again So after all that fucking talk on the phone they could've just sent some guy to my house sooner on a Friday instead of me having to wait 3 days for my damn net to work.

Fuck internet providers!

When I lived in Ontario, I had Shaw cable internet and never had any problems whatsoever ... it was a dream. Here in Nova Scotia, I have Eastlink cable internet and it seems that at least once a week the internet goes off and will be really spotty ... off on, off on, off on ... for a few hours. Really fucking annoying and there never seems to be a good reason for it.

Thread Information