Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By greysfang

Thread: Facebook social plugin nonsense

Default Facebook social plugin nonsense

OK, I think I have tried everything to opt out of these stupid social plugins. I've reset my privacy settings and nothing. I'll visit certain websites and my profile will pop up or it shows my friends activity. This can't be this difficult. I don't want to see my name pop up on the LA Times website under the comments section anymore. It's beyond frustrating and Facebook help is no help at all. I don't want any website that I don't log into to know who I am. Any of you know what to do?

My only suggestion is to log out of facebook when you aren't using it, other than doing that, I don't know.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

^^Yeah. That's what I've been doing. I'm thinking there isn't really a long term solution, even if there were, facebook would change it in a month anyway.

Big Brother is watching us all! lol
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I read in Consumer Reports that it doesn't matter if you log out of Facebook, if you go to any site that has that "like" thing, they can still track you.

Facebook has gotten way too intrusive. I wish they would go back to the way they originally were: You had to have a college e-mail address or alumni address to join, and the only people who could see anything you did were your Facebook friends. Period. And the only way they could see it was if they happened to notice it while looking at your wall or a photo album. None of this stalkerish newsfeed notifying everyone every single time that you do something.

Default More Facebook Picture Privacy Fuckery

^^I think now you can opt individual friends out of seeing various activities of yours. So you'll be in some people's newsfeeds but not in others'? Thing is it is so labor intensive to do this, 'specially for those with many friends. Of course FB wants it that way. I have this one very longterm friend, grandfathered in despite her current creepiness, who's losing her shit and acting super SWFish lately. So I opted her out of my likes and activities until she sees a shrink and gets back on her damn meds.

This is what is pissing me off today:

"Who sees my profile picture? When you create a new profile picture, here’s what happens:
    • The photo is added to your timeline and appears in your Profile Pictures album.
    • A thumbnail version of the photo is made and appears next to your name around Facebook.
    • The thumbnail version of your current profile picture is always public. This helps friends identify your posts and comments on Facebook.
    • The photo in your Profile Pictures album starts as public but you can change who can see it. This helps you to control who sees the larger view of the photo and any likes or comments on the photo."

I looked at my profile using my dummy profile which I keep, friendless, for that very purpose. Guess what? Not only is your current profile pic auto-public 'till you change it, but somehow, sometime, all the pics in your "profile pics" folder have gone public. Including ones you USED to use, which might really be your face.

When I did use my own image, I carefully set it to 'friends only' and even exempted the few (like, three) FB friends that I didn't know personally.

Then FB went and undid that without my knowledge or permission at some point. Who knows who may've snooped me in the meantime.

When you make a pic your profile pic, FB automatically sticks the pic into that folder as part of this nefarious l'il process. So that whole folder went public--again, sometime recently, dunno when--thanks to FB fuckery. I had to go thru each one in there and change the settings back individually.

Seriously, Mark Zuckerberg, EAT SHIT AND DIE. Arrogant little motherfucker needs to find out what it is really like to have a deranged stalker. If I weren't too busy to bother with his nasty, pasty, nerd ass, I'd nominate myself 'cause I am definitely annoyed enough.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I told y'all fb is the devil.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

go to the Help section on FB and type in your question.

i don't have any of the issues you guys are talking about.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^The help section didn't work for me. I even tried going to the help section of the other websites (CNN, OC Register, etc.) they really don't give you a clue. Eventually I emailed FB. My answer was that this process makes it easier for your FB friends to see what interests you and what you are reading. In fact, according to FB, most users LOVE this feature that way they don't have to actually tell friends about the article they read on "How to Cheat on Your Spouse and Not Get Caught" or " 101 ways to Get Out of Paying Your Taxes". Basically, if you don't sign out of FB and you visit another site that is part of this whole plug-in thing, your profile will be there, usually in the comments section. It's a bit stalkerish for my liking. I don't need my profile to be anywhere but FB.

Some sites will actually show your activity on your FB page and newsfeed.

Thread Information