Thread: Battlefield 3 for PS3. Blows.

Thumbs down Battlefield 3 for PS3. Blows.

So I tried the "beta" for Battlefield 3 last night. Jesus fuck what a mess.

First of all, the menu systems make no fucking sense. Ominous bells at that. Once you're in a game, there's no way to exit back to the main menu. You go back to the multiplayer screen, but no way to the MAIN screen where you pick multiplayer, or campaign.

Anyhow.. once you're in the game, bleh. For a beta (one that gets released in 4 weeks) this thing has a shit ton of problems. I fell through the map at least 10 times to my death, players would randomly appear and disappear, the hit counter was TERRIBLE.. i unloaded a full clip at someone and nothing. Players were floating around either on top of the ground, or sinking into the ground (the clipping of death)..

The map we played was the only one available, and the choke points were numerous and stupid. You'd spawn and 5 seconds later be dead without having fired a shot. Attempting to tell who was friend from foe was doubly annoying because your teammates were supposed to have little blue arrows over their heads.. that didn't seem to happen all the time, so you'd open up on your teammate here and there, with him lookin at you like you're an idiot.

ALso, my PS3 froze once in the middle of a game.. dunno what that's about.

In all, a shit experience and with only 4 weeks to go this game NOW is pretty much what you'll see and the end of october with a few minor tweaks.

It has SERIOUS flaws. Like.. almost unplayable flaws.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I didn't get to play it much, but I downloaded it for the 360 today. The old man is in there playing it now. The menu is confusing to me because I am so freaking used to COD. The game play seems seamless and smooth now, but earlier he was bitching about how bad it was lagging, then EA's servers went down completely for a bit. Hopefully they sort it all out.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Damn. I will have to have the kids read what you wrote about it Grim. Maybe the only way I don't waste my money.

Now I don't play, so grain of salt....but I heard the PC version of the beta is actually playable and some talk that the 360/PS3 versions released weren't the beta they intended to, that it's an earlier version.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Damn. I will have to have the kids read what you wrote about it Grim. Maybe the only way I don't waste my money.
    Wait till the game comes out, and read reviews for it before purchasing.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I play an online PVP game and some of the folks I play with and against are wetting themselves with glee over the PC version. I haven't looked into the game yet, so I don't know what the specs are, but a few of them mentioned that they are upgrading their video cards. It's not my cup of tea, but if your into pvp it might be worth picking up the pc version.

Thread Information