Thread: I Got The 'Malware Protection, designed to protect' Virus

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Exclamation I Got The 'Malware Protection, designed to protect' Virus

I got this virus and tried to run anti malware bytes in safe mode on my laptop twice and the virus is still there - I used this page as guidance fyi

How to get rid of 'Malware protection' virus? - Yahoo! Answers

any suggestions on do it yourself tips.

I dont really want to bring my computer in, but I will if I have to I guess...

I sympathize, Alice. I had that a year or so ago, and it is a big pain to get rid of. It doesn't mess up your files, but, if I remember correctly, it is really intrusive, and takes away a lot of CPU cycles. I'm trying to remember how I got rid of it....

well I spoke with a tech and he helped, I'm gonna try some more things when I get home and then if not, he said he'd help me get rid of it for a sort of bargain, which is nice! I don't really have important files on my home computer; just pics and used for the internet - its funny, but all my important shit is in cyberspace ya' know. I could give a crap about the 300 or so stupid songs I have and I don't download movies or tv shows either, I'm pretty basic

now back in college - well that computer had important stuff of course and its all gone now lol I back-up now of course

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Eventually it will block you from getting online. Are your search engine results being redirected as well?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

hey guys, well it took me all together about 6 hours of fighting with thing but I did kill it finally! I can tell you how if you need help and get it too; basically I had to go into safe mode with networking and run mircosoft essentials virus protection and malwarebytes a bunch of times in safe mode, safe mode with networking and finally get it in regular mode by saving it as an .exe file too and just battling for hours (the scans took that long) but I finally killed the son of a bitch and the free microsoft security essentials seems to keep blocking it until it finally is dead/gone and now I have virus protection which I stupidly didn't have before for various stupid reasons, but thankfully that shit is gone! I had to update my malwarebytes program too, I hadn't updated it in a while so thats why I got that stupid virus I think plus not having the virus protection so keep updated guys! and don't be so careless like me basically
    I'm thrilled that I did it myself and for free!

yeah JKM it kept me from using programs so thats why I had to keep battling in safe mode and safe mode with networking until I finally got gone long enough to run the virus protection in regular mode and now im safe as shit! *high five*

Well that's pretty cool you took care of it yourself. I usually have to come crying to my hubby to fix my shit, I'm a total moron when it comes to this stuff. So good on you for having the brains and the patience, very impressive!

so am I! i just followed some directions online and asked for advice and kept at it. IT people aren't rocket scientists, its just intimidating at first but anyone can do that shizz Bee even you and me lol

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ummmmm your virus protection isn't coming up as XP Anitvirus? That's another nasty little fake antivirus.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

no I downloaded it from Microsoft.com/security_essentials, it was free - it showed me a couple times when that bugger was trying to come back, like 4 times/different trogan thingies and I blocked and removed their ass!

Thread Information