Login to remove the ads!

Thread: I need a new digital camera - have any suggestions?

Default I need a new digital camera - have any suggestions?

I want to get a new digital camera and would like some suggestions. I want an easy to use point and shoot, large display and good zoom features.

Any thoughts?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I love my Kodak easy share. Kodak makes it a snap to use & upload.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm very fond of my Sony Cyber-Shot. Great quality pictures, zoom etc, and nice big display:

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

If you don't want to invest in a digital reflex cam (you should!), the best cam is the FujiFilm FinePix F series. The colors, the brilliance and the contrasts - there really is nothing comparable in that price range. I have had the F40 through F60, all of them were great. Easy to use, high quality photos.

Anything Casius is trash. And Canon tends to choose form over function in this price range (IXUS).

If you want to save a lot of money, buy one of the discontinued models of the Finepix F series, like this one:

FinePix F60fd (Discontinued Model) | Fujifilm Global

Brand new camera, but older model. Same same, but different.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I love my Kodak easy share. Kodak makes it a snap to use & upload.
    I got a Kodak also at Target it was on sale for 80 bucks last month:

KODAK EASYSHARE C195 Digital Camera - 14 MP Digital Camera with Share Button

I admit I'm looking into DSLR's now, though I admit I'm below an amateur level. I truly just point and click away in auto settings. The prices on those things are high but maybe I'll save up for it.

don't get a dslr until you've mastered everything on your compact digital - some of them have a lot of advanced settings that let you take pictures almost in manual. once you figured out how to do that and the basic concepts in photography (shutter speed, aperture, sensitivity/ISO), then you can think about getting a dslr. otherwise it's a waste of money.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i had a Kodak EasyShare for ever, until it finally died. Now I have a Canon Powershot sx120 and i LOVE it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

The one I finally got myself for Xmas 2009! is still in the damn box-I have never used it or even taken it out of it's plastic casing.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I admit I'm looking into DSLR's now, though I admit I'm below an amateur level. I truly just point and click away in auto settings. The prices on those things are high but maybe I'll save up for it.
    sputnik has a point. don't buy a dslr, get a bridge camera instead. the panasonic lumix FZ series (the hybrid super zoom type), for example, is great. those cameras are well worth their money. ideal for travel, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I'm very fond of my Sony Cyber-Shot. Great quality pictures, zoom etc, and nice big display:

I have a pretty expensive Cyber-Shot and then bought my two girls each a Cyber-Shot as well. Theirs work just as well as mine, but they don't have all the bells and whistles. We all love them and they work great!

Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    sputnik has a point. don't buy a dslr, get a bridge camera instead. the panasonic lumix FZ series (the hybrid super zoom type), for example, is great. those cameras are well worth their money. ideal for travel, too.
    this.
    i had a panasonic lumix fz 30 before switching to a dslr. it was a great camera to learn on because once you learn the basics, you can take pictures in full manual. and use the viewfinder instead of the monitor. before investing in a dslr and buying lenses and stuff, i would suggest a bridge, learn all you can on it until you can it to its full potential, and then decide if you're into photography enough to invest in a dslr and lenses and stuff.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i love the canons; so easy to use and great!

I've had both a Kodak Easyshare and a couple Canons, and Canons are by far and away the best.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I have this one as my everyday work camera. It has video which I have found is a lot of fun to have. EX-Z800 Casio Exilim. It comes in pretty colors, but I'd wreck anything that wasn't black.

It came with a big memory card. I think I paid about $120.

Huh, to me the priority is that it comes with a built-in rechargable power source and not battery operated. I'm so sick of slow reaction time, empty batteries after 5 shots and the pain of hunting down,carrying and maintaining good quality rechargable batteries.

Thread Information