Thread: iPod advice please

Elite Member

Default iPod advice please

I am thinking of buying an IPod. Right now I have a MP3/CD player so I just burn a bunch of songs to a disk in MP3 format and play that. But I want something small that I can just clip on my belt when I go run outside. I got a cheapo MP3 from my credit card rewards company, but the damn thing is so tiny, there aren't any controls on it. It's got this stupid cord you hang around your neck that has the buttons on the string. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Hubby has used it but I just threw up my hands. Not to mention actually getting the songs loaded on the thing. Sheesh. Also, I wouldn't like that cord around my neck bouncing around when I run.

Soooo....I am thinking of buying an IPod. I know nothing about them. I read some online reviews and they said the Nano gets scratched really badly. I don't like the Shuffle, too tiny. But I don't think I want to spring for the new IPod with the video and all that (unless it's got a camera built in that I don't know about). I have no use for watching videos on a tiny screen. I just want to listen to my music at the gym, and I want something small (but with a little display screen and controls on the unit) that I can clip on my shorts when I run/walk outside. From what I have read, the original IPod seems to be what I need, but you can't get them anymore, can you?

Any advice? Thanks!

Default Re: IPod advice please

I know nothing about these things either but I have an mp3 player. I've considered getting an mp3 player but I figured I wouldn't use any of the extra features on it so it'd be a waste of money for me. The only thing I wish I had was more memory, but I assume I can get a mp3 player with more memory so I think I'll go for that.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I just bought a shuffle today, & I got a little condom-like thingy that stretches over it so it won't get scratched. It actually came with 3 of them, a clear, a blue & a pink. I bet they sell them for nano's too.

Yep, they do. It doesn't need to be scratched
    Mmm... Am I wrong, or did it just get fatter in here?

Thread Information