Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm not sure if you all are familiar with this, but PCSX2 Playstation 2 emulator - News is basically a website that emulates most Playstation 2 games successfully. It's wonderful that something like this exists, but you'd still need a pretty high end computer rig for the games that are currently playable with the 0.97 version to work.

The complicated task with getting this to work is listed on this quote on the website:

"PS2 Emulation is a complex task, far worse than emulating a console from the previous generation (PlayStation1, N64, Saturn), simply due to the CPU power required to get 'playable' speeds from a PS2 game under emulation. Whilst speed can be improved via various 'recompilers' (eeREC and vuREC, Emotion Engine recompiler and Vector Unit CPU recompiler respectively), you will still need the latest and most powerful machine you can get your hands on to get close to full FPS (50 PAL - 60 NTSC)."

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as the Nintendo DS emulators, where it would work flawlessly on any computer. You'd need a pretty high end computer for the PS2 games to be emulated successfully on the PC.

Here are some essential computer components I'd suggest if you want to make this work (assuming you'd be building a computer from ground up):

Graphics Card

Asus - NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card - ENGT240/DI/1GD3/A

Processor (CPU)

Intel® - Core™ i7-950 Processor - BX80601950

RAM (Random Access Memory)

Memory Master - 2-Pack 1GB PC3200 DDR DIMM Memory Kit - MMD2048KD1-400

Asus - ATX Motherboard 2600MHz (Socket AM3) - M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Power Supply
    Corsair - Gaming Series 600-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply - GS600

I love all emulators great and small.

A really long time ago (like the Windows 95 days) I learned a lot of MS Office straight from emulators. No books or anything. It was kinda cool.

Sad that you need a really high end computer for this one, eh?

I hear that you can use an Atari emulator on a netbook

Wherever my kids are

The power supply alone sucks up enough energy to provide lighting for a 2,000-square-foot house.

Thread Information