Thread: iPhone 4 - Should I Get One Now, Or Wait?

A*O

Default iPhone 4 - Should I Get One Now, Or Wait?

I've decided to drag myself into the 21st century and get an iPhone. It will probably take me another century to figure out how to use it but anyway... Thing is, there seem to be a lot of problems being reported here at least about warranty issues over things like cracked cases and poor quality pics/video. I'm not bothered about the video stuff because you can't expect a phone to do the same job as a proper camera IMO and the cracks seem to be caused by non-Apple cases that don't fit properly.

Has anyone experienced any other problems and should I wait until these glitches have been sorted or do I just get one and to hell with it? I know there's never an ideal time to buy because things start to become obsolete before you've even left the store. There are alternative phones trying to break into the market - Google Android for example - but most IT commentators say they will go the way of 8-track and Beta Max so don't bother. Opinions from those who've used them?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

i don't have one but everyone i know who does is really happy with it. i've played around with them and i keep thinking about getting one but the only thing stopping me is that it's too fucking expensive here and i can't bring myself to shell out that much per month for a phone contract but if prices go down i'm definitely doing it.
    i say go for it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Apart from the initial outlay buying the phone I plan to use my existing Pay As You Go SIM card, not a contract which all seem to be ripoffs one way or another. But I suspect that once I start using the phone in the way it's intended to be used with emails and downloads a plan will probably be a better option in the long run.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It's fine as long as you plan on using it with AT & T. If however, you want it unlocked down the road to use outside your country or with a different (cheaper) carrier, forget it. They halfed the size of the sim card to deter this very thing.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    It's fine as long as you plan on using it with AT & T. If however, you want it unlocked down the road to use outside your country or with a different (cheaper) carrier, forget it. They halfed the size of the sim card to deter this very thing.
    It's called a Microsim and I think alot of carriers have them now...?

I work for a major cellphone carrier in the Netherlands, and we have them.(allthough we still only have the iPhone 3)

And you can actually cut a regular simcard to size.

Thread Information