Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing voices in my phone...

Default Hearing voices in my phone...

My house phone rings once and stops but the little red light on the handpiece is flashing to indicate an incoming call. When I pick it up, I can hear static and then I can hear a lady having a one-sided conversation and a baby making noises in the background. This has happened a few times.

I suspect that I am hearing my next door neighbour because she had a baby a few months ago. I would ask them only I don't talk to my neighbours as they seem rather reclusive. Has anyone else had this happen?? I am guessing that she has a baby monitor and my telephone is getting signals from that?
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A*O

Yeah - it's probably the baby monitor. Those things can make garage doors go up/down too if they are set to the same frequency.
    How can you trust anything that bleeds for 3 days every month but doesn't die?

but it would be much more interesting if it WEREN'T the baby monitor. spooooooooooooooooky!
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Elite Member

My mom's cordless phone does this once in awhile, but it picks up other peoples cordless phones. If it happens when I use the phone, I usually eavesdrop to the other conversation. I have heard some pretty interesting things about my mom's neighbors.

Unplug it, and then plug it back in again. Some cordless phones will "find another frequency" by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I usually eavesdrop to the other conversation. I have heard some pretty interesting things about my mom's neighbors.
    LOL
    beauty is only skin deep (where's the scalpel?)

The voices are coming from inside the house!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Are the voices telling you to kill?
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

ok just want to put out that our house phone is not a cordless. We had problems with static with a cordless so we switched to a standard phone with a cord. And I realise that maybe its not the baby monitor. My telephone does a half ringtone when they have an incoming call and I am hearing their side of the conversation. I did an evil cackle in the phone just to see if she could hear me but she can't. That would have been fricken hilarious if she could!!

I'll still unplug/replug and see if anything changes.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

fgg

maybe the lines are crossed somehow?

In all seriousness, Sleuth, it happens to us too and it's more likely and the sound is clearer when it's been raining and the wires are wet. Bell won't come and fix it. They don't care. Some sort of crossed connection like fgg said.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    ok just want to put out that our house phone is not a cordless. We had problems with static with a cordless so we switched to a standard phone with a cord. And I realise that maybe its not the baby monitor. My telephone does a half ringtone when they have an incoming call and I am hearing their side of the conversation. I did an evil cackle in the phone just to see if she could hear me but she can't. That would have been fricken hilarious if she could!!

I'll still unplug/replug and see if anything changes.
    Has any road work been done in your area recently? We had that issue a couple of years ago where they stuffed something and crossed the lines when they fixed it. Our phone would ring when someone was ringing a neighbour and vice versa. And you could hear faint talking, although I could also hear my dialtone. Maybe have a chat with your phone provider and see if there's a problem?
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

^^ yes that's exactly whats happening!! It rained today and the voices are a lot clearer (i heard both sides of the conversation this time). I shall have to call Telstra and see if they will sort it out. Telstra is pretty useless so I'll probably get the same response as Twitchy.

^^Good luck with that. It took us over two weeks to get it fixed thanks to Telstra. It took two attempts and of lots of road digging to fix it
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I had a friend that lived in a particular subdivision where the main phone box for a couples of blocks was located on a median with a wooden fence around it. The friend would just hang out in there with a regular corded phone and hook into other peoples lines until he found someone having a conversation, just to fuck with people he would start saying "I am satan" shit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    ^^Good luck with that. It took us over two weeks to get it fixed thanks to Telstra. It took two attempts and of lots of road digging to fix it
    did they charge a fee to come out and fix it?? or did they take it as their own problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information