Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Awesome websites you visit every day

Smile Awesome websites you visit every day

It looks like there are a few other threads like this, but they are a few years old, so I thought I'd start a new one.

My faves are:
    Dlisted - needs no explaining
    Dlisted | Be Very Afraid
    Buzzfeed - mostly for the hipster crowd, maybe 50 percent good content on a good day, but moves fast. keeps you up on memes
    BuzzFeed
    Cracked - humor site focused on 30 year old men, but many women read it too. very intelligent forums, besides some trolls. Several posts a day
    Article Archive | Cracked.com
    Weburbanist - awesome site, encourage you to check it out. Huge archives of urban exploration, architecture, art. I wish I could figure out how to embed some of their articles in GR forums. Here is a recent favorite of mine:
    Starry Knights: 14 Stellar Star-Shaped Fortresses | Design + Ideas on WU
    Webecoist - sister site of weburbanist, not as good imo. Still, same quality of pictures and text. Big archive.
    20 Bad Green Ideas & Failed Eco-Innovations | WebEcoist
    Oddee - top ten lists of interesting/weird/useless facts. some of it is stupid, I admit, but it updates every day. Archives will keep you entertained for hours.
    10 Craziest New Types of Tattoos - Oddee.com
    Regretsy - crappy/strange things that are handmade on etsy.com. I heard about it on here, so I assume most of you have heard about it. There is a similar site, Craftastrophe , that doesn't post as often, but is much older.
    Regretsy - Where DIY Meets WTF
    Go Fug Yourself - I'm sure most of you know about this. I wish it updated on weekends.
    Go Fug Yourself: Because Fugly Is The New Pretty
    Pajiba - snarky movie review site. The seriously random lists are my favorite. Fun commenters. Some seriously bitchy reviews (well-written, though). Well the tagline for the site is Scathing reviews. Bitchy People. so you get what you came for.
    Five 3D Remakes That Would Break Your Brain | Pajiba - Scathing Reviews for Bitchy People

What are your favorite gossip/nongossip sites?

FFFFOUND!

Just an awesome website that pulls and collates interesting art, typography, and other assorted design-wonk stuff from around the world.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    i love ffffound. i just feel like saving every single picture on to my hard drive.

i love dlisted. it's what i read every morning while having my coffee, and throughout the day, checking for updates.

slate.com, huffingtonpost, jezebel and salon.com

paige + modern has some really
    interesting stuff. also a nice mix of design, typography, curio, old photos, etc... she's been slacking off lately and not posting very often but the archives are full of good stuff.
    http://paigeandmodern.com/

goldenfiddle used to be one of my favourite blogs. it's currently offline and supposed to come back re-vamped some time soon but in the mean time spencer sloan has some of his stuff on here: http://spencersloan.com/ and it's pretty cool but not as awesome as the old blog which was a mix of graphic design, music, celebrity gossip and absurd humour.

martin klasch: interesting images of all kinds, whether it's album covers, old posters, book covers, etc, etc...
    Martin Klasch

design milk
    Design Milk: Modern Design
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^^
    dlisted sometimes is what I need to get me through the day. I love reading it first thing in the morning. Michael K seems to put so much time into it.

huffpo is sinking a little, imo. It's all about tabloid stuff and shocking headlines now, ie. Check out Kate Middleton's new BLING! I was glued to it during the Iran elections.

Another vote for dlisted. I also check The Straight Dope - Fighting Ignorance Since 1973 and their message boards.
    "Ronan is a Sinatra this comes from years of watching Maury!!!" *Diva!

I visit dlisted.com, myfamily.com (the best way my 11 siblings and our families share photos and news) and regretsy.com.

I know there are others I visit every day, but these are a must.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Dlisted is my first hit of the day.
    Huffington post, then TMZ and ONTD
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Dlisted is my first hit of the day.
    Huffington post, then TMZ and ONTD
    Me too. And GR. Then I'll saunter on over to FB, Twitter, and the other bullshit...but gotta start with quality!

Dlisted -- first stop
    /b/ -- yeah don't judge me
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

reddit.com- lots of news and interesting people
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

First Dlisted, then the news pages. Priorities.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Fark.com keeps me busy when I want to kill time at the computer.

Thread Information