Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Apps - share your faves

Default iPhone Apps - share your faves

OK, so I've finally caved & bought an iphone.

What are your favourite apps & why?
    Free Charmed.

Not including games, my 3 favorite apps right now:
    1. Aero Weather. It's easier to access than going to Navcanada's weather website.
    2. The Tim Horton's (coffee shop) locater. It's not totally useless, and I'm addicted to Timmy's.
    3. The Translink app for Vancouver area buses, skytrains, etc.

One I keep meaning to get is the Live ATC app. Nothing but a time waster, but I love air traffic control feeds.

A*O

We got iphones for the kids this Xmas. They saved their allowances and paid half, Santa paid the rest (and it's the ONLY prezzie they got). Having seen how much they love them I'm kinda tempted myself so recommendations for apps will be interesting.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah, mine was from Santa since I didn't get any pressies. He seems to have been very generous this year.

A friend of mine is a bit fanatical over the weather & recommended Weatherbug, it uses local weather stations in the UK (and I guess worldwide) so is quite accurate...

He also bought a satnav thingy which I'm considering since that's where my dslexia plays out the most (even with directions I can get lost!).
    Free Charmed.

I don't have the iphone, but the new Droid, which is allegedly Verizon's answer to the iphone....

I have downloaded a few apps: CNN, Weather Channel, Facebook, Twitter, USA Today, and of course GR! It's completely overwhelming--there are soo many. I haven't even scratched the surface.

I did find some good games too---I have a slot machine game that I downloaded that is hilarious and fun!

It'll take some time to possibly find what you are looking for, but it's all fun! Enjoy!

I have an iTouch and a ton of apps for it. Main ones I really use are...

1) SheepLauncher
    A free game where you can launch sheep and tap the screen for them to stay in the air
    2) Stanza
    A book reader on my iTouch since I read a lot of books
    3) WeatherBug
    I love to be able to check the weather so easily. Makes dressing in the morning so much quicker

I never got an iPhone but I also have the Droid. And that, is a whole different ballgame.

i have the G1 (droid) and have the important stuff, Facebook, Twitter, a great sports app, Weather.com, things like that.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bump: link
    postino: link
    goodreader: (for all us ebook fans) link

games
    peggle: link
    sneezies: link

Shazam is THE must have app. Bump and Ping are also very useful.

I got every dictionary known to man. Wikipedia, of course.

And Google Earth is incredibly cool, too.

Also, SKY and CNN. Love both.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

Bargain bin- sends you push notices if apps on sale and ones gone free. It saves me a lot.

Live cams-over 3000 live webcams from all over the world. Ex: panda cam and penguin cams.

Tvu- is awesome because it has tv channels from all over the world being streamed. I watch korean dramas on it. Lol. It's really great if you're learning language. (I'm have an iPod, so I'm not sure how well this works on 3G, but on my wifi it's awesome).

I period-is great for tracking everything period related, and it graphs the data. It's a bit expensive, so wait 'til it's on sale.

Rjdj is awesome for the kids. Just try it. It is augment-reality for sound.

Ambiance-soothing sounds to fall asleep to.

Last fm

cooking dash-a fun time management game.

and 5-0 radio. It's a police scanner. It has tons of locations on it. It has my city on it, and I love listening to it.

I'm not affiliated with any of these sorry so many recs. I just got my idevice...so I've spent way too much time picking through the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvin400 View Post
    I period-is great for tracking everything period related, and it graphs the data. It's a bit expensive, so wait 'til it's on sale.
    Well, it'd never move from last november (when I had a hysterectomy due to cancer) so its a bit pointless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvin400 View Post
    Rjdj is awesome for the kids. Just try it. It is augment-reality for sound.
    Don't/can't have kids so I'll give this a miss...

Shazam sounds useful - we usd to have that kind of thing on the phone....

I already have Weatherbug & it taps into a weather station a couple of miles from my house! Its been very useful!

Tvu has got crap reviews but I like the idea

and I'm going to give GoodReader a go.....

Thanks
    Free Charmed.

Bronze Member

Tvu has a lite verion to try.

I'm just waiting for Verizon to get the iphone. I am not breaking my contract just to get the damn thing, but you I will switch to one if Apple gives it to Verizon.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I'm just waiting for Verizon to get the iphone. I am not breaking my contract just to get the damn thing, but you I will switch to one if Apple gives it to Verizon.
    They have something VERY simliar--The Droid. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I was waiting for Vodafone to get them to in this country, which they have just got (I had mine on pre-order via the inter-webs). Since Verizon is part owned by VF I'd not be surprised if they're not getting them in time.
    interestingly enough, I was out of contract so got mine asap, but the tariffs were much better than I was already on.

Verizon 2010 iPhone and Apple Price Negotiation Update : Product Reviews Net
    The hopes of a Verizon iPhone in 2010 will not go away, we reported in a recent post that Apple had fallen out with the network carrier, as they could not agree on a price. However, as this was just a rumor and not official we have to take it for what it is worth.
    According to Sindh Today – Online News, a recent report from Apple Insider has reported that Apple and Verizon are still in negotiations with each other in the hope of launching a CDMA iPhone this summer. Both companies are reportedly finalizing pricing details, which we recently learned that Verizon were asking too much.
    We know that AT&Tís exclusivity with the iPhone ends this summer, one minute we hear that Apple will extend the deal, the next they are to allow other carriers to offer the iPhone to its customers. It seems that we will just have to wait, maybe Apple will announce more at their event on January 27.
    We have to wonder if we will ever see Apple move away from AT&T, the two companies have worked well together over the years, although it is no secret that AT&T need to improve on their network. Most iPhone customers have said that they would move over to Verizon if the iPhone became available to them.
    If Verizon were to get the iPhone in the summer, will it be any different to the AT&T version?

Free Charmed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information