Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of a new phone - Personal views on Blackberry Storm please?

Default Thinking of a new phone - Personal views on Blackberry Storm please?

OK, so I'm thinking of getting a new phone.
    I've seen a Blackberry Storm, and I quite like it but I've never had a Blackberry before (I usually have an Ericsson currently have a C902)

Any opinions? Ideas? Suggestions? etc?

I have a a blackberry 8830 world edition and I've never had any problems. It's a great phone. I also just bought the Samsung Rogue yesterday and it's a nice phone too. The Blackberry is a better business oriented phone. But beware of the touch screen...it slows you down.
    Last edited by TheONe; September 17th, 2009 at 07:17 AM.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

ta!

I mainly use it just as a phone, but the GPS would be cool - I'm a non-map-reading dyslexic....

My roomate has the Storm, and he likes it fine, but there have been a lot of reports of Storms not working.

My one friend went through 4 or 5 of them in a 3 month period.. they kept giving out, not charging, resetting themselves, on and on. Many people have reported these problems.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I have T-Mobile and I use the Blackberry 8900 which I am totally freaking in love with. I would wait a month or two because RIM is about to release some really neat stuff. I am kind of bummed because if I had done more research before I bought my 8900 I would have waited. I wish I had read the crackberry forums before I bought mine; there is a wealth of information on there BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

LOL! Grim! I've done that with Ericssons before now!

What is RIM? (are they the blackberry manufacturer?) & thanks for the link - will check it out.

My contract is up, so I'll get a good deal but I wnated to have a look around first.

Novice, checkout Crackberry.com forums. Lots of info on Blackberrys from their users.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Yeah, I've got it open now & am having a troll through it. Thanks Deb!

i got ringers for my old BB there. and was still able to get ones for my G1 from there too.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

I have a Blackberry Storm and I fucking HAAAAAAAAAAATE the damn thing. It does whatever it wants, whenever it wants. Stop working? Sure! Function I need isn't working right now? Right on time!

Keep shopping.

Yeah, its very americanised.... I know that if I get a dud phone I can just change it (I used to work for a mobile phone company so am pretty au fait with phone stuff). All I seem to have read is people going "oh I hate my phone, it works well/doesn't work at all.... etc"
    I can imagine that the apps, etc are useful but the forum is pretty pants imo.

LOL! Thanks Brookie!

I have a Storm (so does DH) and I actually like it. I know there are haters, but we aren't ones. The screen is different, takes a little getting used to, but once you get it (took me about two days), it's like second nature. It does what I bought it for and then some. I really don't have any apps for it though, just bare bones stuff. I've never had a problem with mine, but DH had a problem with his when it was brand new (the volume wasn't working). It was replaced immediately with a brand new working one. We got them at the same time ... 2 for 1 at Verizon.

THAT said, I am a huge Apple geek. I MOURNED the fact that I couldn't get an iPhone. One reason was because we had other lines still activated on our plan (so even though we were up for renewal, the other lines weren't ... freaking SIL and BIL, you suck), second reason was because my DH receives a deep discount on phones/accessories/plans from Verizon through work, third was because we are up in Maine a lot and AT&T's service isn't stellar up there in the boondocks.

And wouldn't you know it ... my MacBook Pro (which is my most prized possession) hates my BB. And my brand spanking new iPod Touch loves it ... and I love it back. And it is way more me and I think the iPhone would have been a MUCH better fit for me. And .... one month after we got our BBs, DH's work got an even better deal with AT&T for their employees.

So, I guess my review would cancel itself out. LOL DH (who is also an Apple geek) really, really likes his Storm though but he uses it *heavily* for business.

RIM = Research In Motion (developer)

Whoa - hold on your ITouch interfaces with your Storm? Or the MacPro?

I have a G4 powerbook & an iTouch - and yep my carrier doesn't have an iTouch & I'm not prepared to chance since I get free calls via hubby's plan to him & the family.

I had an iPaq that wouldn't interface with my Mac.... So its just sat idle at the moment. I used my iTouch at home for streaming live radio/replaying via wireless; email, etc & love it.
    My mobile is much more of a phone & camera combo..... with its 5.0 mgpixels... I guess my other alternative is a C905 (ericsson)....

No, no, no ... sorry, didn't mean to be confusing. The Touch and my MacBook Pro are in love, not the Touch and BB. LOL

Thanks!

I might just wait...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information