Thread: Everyone looks fat! Screen resolution help

Default Everyone looks fat! Screen resolution help

Hey everyone,

Well I thought I was getting a great bargain purchasing a 19 inch LCD monitor for $195.00 reduced from $349.00. I wouldn't buy a piece of shit cheapo one - I'd expect problems if that was the case. So I take it home, all pleased, thinking it's all going to be easy from here on.

Wrong! Sort of... lol.

Firstly - I love it, it's absolutely awesome. I couldn't get rid of that horrible square box screen fast enough. It's so huge in comparison, that I can sit a good distance away from the screen, it's long but thin so it looks less bulky on the desk, and I've already got no headaches anymore. When I first hooked it up the damn thing was SO BRIGHT. After several hours of fucking around with the brightness/contrast controls, I can take off the sunglasses.

The problem now is - The image quality is fine, but the images are stretched abit. I figured that when Victoria Beckham looked fat How the hell do I fix something like that? I certainly can't live with it it's annoying. I've tried every screen resolution option that I have, so that option is out. Is there absolutely anything else at all I can do? Or is this just a curse of having a wide screen? Everything looks.... wide.

Any suggestions, tips, advice, personal stories? THANKS!

Does this happen to video only (not text programs, etc)? If the images are stretched just a bit, nothing major, have you tried any buttons directly on the monitor hardware itself? Sometimes you can manually squeeze the picture. I'd suggest restoring the default (in case someone else previously stretched/messed with it) and then squeeze from there.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I'm actually just starting to get used to it!

At the end of the day it's like 'Well, I can put the other screen back, but do I really want THAT one instead? No'. My friend has the same screen and she adjusted hers according to the online manuals, etc, and it looks the same as mine - so that IS the settings.

I've been adjusting various controls and it's not looking too bad now. Or like I said, I'm just used to it.

when i first got my wide monitor i had THE hardest time getting used to it. i thought EVERYONE looked fat. But i really did get used to it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^Good to know! There's nothing I can do - we wanted it WIDE didn't we?!

I love it though. Do you love yours? It's so good to sit far away and still see everything perfectly.

When my father -in -law got one of those flat screens, it looked amazing, like a mini cinema... Then sat down to watch a rerun of Friends and they looked short and chubby!!!
    Then I realised it wasn't a special flashback of the high school times--- on other channels all the ana people looked fat.
    I usually watch films on the old telly now...

Thread Information