Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have an issue with Firefox

Default Have an issue with Firefox

I have Firefox, which i love WAY more than IE. BUT.... i keep getting a 'not responding' message at the top of the window. I have to shut it down, and reopen it, and then it eventually happens again.

the Mozilla Firefox site is written in geek, so i dont get it (no offense to people that speak that, i sure dont!) can anyone tell me how to stop this?

my Firefox is up to date.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati

No answers for you just commiseration - this happens to me very often as well.

I have no idea. But my Firefox keeps crashing today. I don't know what's wrong with it.

3 other people i have talked to have the same issue. arghhhhh

Firefox drove me crazy for weeks with this 'not responding' crap several times a day and not shutting down properly. I finally googled the problem and read that it can have to do with using version 3 of Firefox with a version 2 profile. I deleted my profile about 5 days ago and haven't hard a problem with Firefox since. The only problem is you lose your bookmarks, add-ons and personal settings. The bookmarks are very easy to back up and restore, though, and you can just download the add-ons again. It was worth the trouble for me, as the problem was getting very frustrating and I was about to switch back to the inferior IE.

If you want to try it (it worked for me but I can't guarantee it will work for you!):

Save your bookmarks by going to Bookmarks-Organize Bookmarks-Import and Backup- Backup, and saving the file.

Your Firefox profile can be found under C: Documents and Settings/[your Windows profile name]/Application Data
    Delete the folder called Mozilla. Firefox will create a new profile when you restart it.

Restore your bookmarks by going to Bookmarks-Organize Bookmarks- Import and Backup-Restore, and choosing the file you saved.

^^I just updated to FF 3.5 and lost my bookmarks - once again. Still, I'll take FF and it's bugs anyday over the craptastic internet explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post

Your Firefox profile can be found under C: Documents and Settings/[your Windows profile name]/Application Data
    Delete the folder called Mozilla. Firefox will create a new profile when you restart it.
    i cant find the 'profile name'

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i cant find the 'profile name'
    The 'profile name' folder could be called MsDeb or User1, etc. It's whatever name you click on after you have booted up Windows and want to access your stuff. If there is only one Windows profile on your computer, then it might be you don't click on any name. In that case there should only be a few folders under 'Documents and Settings', so you could just click each until you find one that contains another folder called 'Mozilla'.

So click: My Computer/ Local Disk C:/ Documents and Settings/ MsDeb (or whatever you named your profile)/ Application Data

Then delete the 'Mozilla' folder.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    ^^I just updated to FF 3.5 and lost my bookmarks - once again. Still, I'll take FF and it's bugs anyday over the craptastic internet explorer.
    Just save your bookmarks...Menu--->Bookmarks--->Organize Bookmarks--->Import/Backup Button

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH IT TODAY?! my "back" etc. buttons don't work and its not using my homepage and its super slow

anyone experiencing this? or im the only one?!

Firefox has been giving me fits lately too. Not responding, locking up, crashing...I figured it was my computer, but I guess not.

I finally uninstalled it today and went back to IE. Not happy about it, but it's working fine and FAST.

I figure Firefox needs to fix some bugs or something if so many people are having the same issues. Maybe I'll try it again in the future, but for now, forget it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've been having Firefox issues too lately. It wouldn't stay logged on in sites after I closed it (I resolved that by deleting the cookies file) and for a while, I couldn't see embedded youtube videos, although that miraculously fixed itself.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Opera Browser | Faster & safer Internet | Free Download

or have a wee peek at this

[youtube]qJURCUevlIA[/youtube]

I've used opera a lot in the past. It's got its minuses too. It's a good alternative when Firefox is acting up on me.

As for Firefox, my biggest gripe now is that it takes 5 minutes for the browser to open after I've booted up my computer. What's that all about?

i'm getting that too ! but Firefox with issues is still better than IE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information