Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft obsession?

Default World of Warcraft obsession?

Please tell me what the appeal is of this World of Warcraft game. My sister caved in and downloaded a trial version, and now for 3 days straight I have heard nothing but references to mages and wizards and gatherers (wtf?). Her friends and boyfriend are texting her about the game, they call and talk to each other about the game on the phone.... My coworkers are also obsessed. These are not 18 year olds - they are nearing 30 years old! Am I the only one who has no interest in this game?

No,you're not the only one who has no interest in this game. I find it silly,and juvenile. Especially when grown ass adults are obsessing over it like a bunch of hormonal teenagers. It's ridiculous.

*This is somewhat off topic,but wasn't there a couple who neglected to feed and take care of their kids because they spent every waking hour playing World of Warcraft? They were living in filth as well because of their World of Warcraft obsession. Does anyone else remember that?

That is just disgusting. Strangely, I do have a couple of stay-at-home friends who seem to be playing World of Warcraft more than they actually watch their kids. Maybe they are on the same path.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^Don't hesitate to report them if it gets out of hand.

My 19 year old brother is completely addicted to the game. As a result, he has very few friends, often neglects his personal hygiene, doesn't have a job or even his ged, and goes through angry withdrawals when my parents threaten to kick him out if he doesn't stop his behavior. I don't blame the game itself, because these people show signs of having addictive personalities anyway. If it's not WOW, it would probably be something else.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

My friend and her bf are addicted to this shit. She works the evening shift and gets home at 12am, then she stays up until 6am every morning playing WOW online.

Totally weird. I don't get it. I had another friend obsessed with Everquest (I think it's called) and another one with Sims.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I guess I should back out of this thread now and not mention how many level 80 characters I have....

Gaming is fun. I dont play WoW, but I play something else. My favourite part of online gaming is killing other players =D

I have ZERO interest in this game. I would rather do stuff in the REAL WORLD
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    I have ZERO interest in this game. I would rather do stuff in the REAL WORLD
    That's a bold statement to make on an online messageboard.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    That's a bold statement to make on an online messageboard.
    ha,ha,ha....touche'
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Ok I'll be honest - I play a LOT! However, I probably spend as much time chatting as I do killing things, and have really good net friends in Holland, Sweden, Norway, France, Hungary and pretty much all over who I have "known" through the game for upwards of 18 months or more. We've already had one meet up in real life and are hoping for another next summer. I have scaled back on my playing, though, after being out for a meal with my mum and excusing myself from the table by saying "two secs, afk for bio" (basically, for anyone not in the know, I announced that I was going Away From Keyboard to visit to the bathroom). That's when I knew it was time to cut down a little. Now I hang about here instead.

I've never played this game. I used to play the online game Runescape, which was very addictive, so I can understand how people get addicted to playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^Don't hesitate to report them if it gets out of hand.

My 19 year old brother is completely addicted to the game. As a result, he has very few friends, often neglects his personal hygiene, doesn't have a job or even his ged, and goes through angry withdrawals when my parents threaten to kick him out if he doesn't stop his behavior. I don't blame the game itself, because these people show signs of having addictive personalities anyway. If it's not WOW, it would probably be something else.
    That sounds like my 21 year old brother.

Elite Member

Meh..I'm 33yo have two kids and I play it. I play it after the kids go to bed. I've always been a gamer, since the Atari days.

I've got a couple characters. Only one Level 80 though, since I have things to do!

My husband, on the other hand...

But hey, he still manages to get stuff done. It's all about balance.

WoW is fun.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information