Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook

Btw, anybody can see ALL your photo albums unless you go in and set each one to "friends only" in privacy settings.

One of their little tweaks.. your photos are set to "shared with everyone" as a default now.. so if you make a new one, you have to set it to "just friends".
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Fucking Facebook. It's doing some hours-long "maintenance" right now. I can't log on. I'll probably have to reset my privacy settings again.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol tell that to my mother.
    Bless her heart.

I was rather shocked at the amount and depth of personal info people release on Facebook. Even if you can restrict what folks can see, it's still creepy. Plus, I can't access Facebook at work.

If Facebook starts charging a fee to be on it, like they're rumored to do in a couple of months, then I'm done with it.

are you for fucking REAL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The rumor is that they will start charging an annual fee of $14.99 as of July. But it's just a rumor at this point.

Like hell

Heard that rumor too King......but apparently FB has denied it.

They will RUIN themselves if its true..

Lynnie, I heard they denied it, too. You're right, though. They'll ruin themselves trying to charge people for something that they already get for free. Hell, I like Facebook, but I'll be damned if I pay any fee to use it.

The only thing that truly worries me about FB, is that all my business is on there. They basically have the monopoly on my life. If they were to go down for whatever reason, I'd lose touch with hundreds of people. I am too lazy to update my outlook or phone all the time.

The privacy settings are actually easy to understand and easy to control. I set up a fake profile to check regularly what friends and/or strangers can see.

Plus, I hardly use applications. Makes it much more easy.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Yeah you don't put anything up there you wouldn't want to share AND notoriously go through settings and switch everything to either "no" or "only friends".

since I love the fact that I can keep in touch with friends (not acquaintances, I don't click anyone on there I'm not interested in their daily musings) I don't mind doing a maintanance every now and then.

Does Facebook tell you WHO has visited your page?

^^there were widgets or gimcracks or whatever for myspace that claimed to do just that, but I never heard of one that worked. As far as I know, FB doesn't tell you who has visited your page. But, since my page is set to only be visible to my friends (NOT friends-of-friends, etc., and not visible in FB or Google searches) I would assume that only friends have been by recently. It would be interesting to see specifically, though.

It's not under my real name anyway, so I don't know who would be looking for the uniquely weird fake name I made up anyway.

I too made up a fake profile (which I have not 'friended' to my real profile) so I can check on my settings and make sure FB is doing what it's supposed to. Took but a minute and works a treat.

ETA: your avatars are GREAT, Bitter.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    ETA: your avatars are GREAT, Bitter.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    ^^there were widgets or gimcracks or whatever for myspace that claimed to do just that, but I never heard of one that worked. As far as I know, FB doesn't tell you who has visited your page. But, since my page is set to only be visible to my friends (NOT friends-of-friends, etc., and not visible in FB or Google searches) I would assume that only friends have been by recently. It would be interesting to see specifically, though.
    How do you set your Facebook like that? Ive been trying to for awhile now but had no success. The same thing with MySpace.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information