Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Clarkson needs breast implants (pics)

she's a proud member of the ibtc and that's that!
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Self-esteem issues and clothing issues can definitely be argued as a necessity ("need") rather than a desire ("want"). For the many thousands of women who have mammary atrophy for whatever reason (childbirth, breastfeeding, extreme weight loss, other family genetic issues), it is felt as a necessity.
    That's because they're indoctrinated to believe that breasts=woman. What makes you a woman are two X chromosomes, not two tits hanging off your chest.

So your above argument is, although very sweet, complete shite. If some woman is placing so much importance on what she wears and whether or not she has tits, she needs to see a psychiatrist or therapist or somebody STAT.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaRice View Post
    When I'm older, if I had the money, I would get breast implants...No I don't "need" them but I want them and they would make me feel a little bit better about myself.
    And that's all well and fine. To each his own! At least you're honest and recognize that you don't "need" implants. Kudos to you!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    That's because they're indoctrinated to believe that breasts=woman. What makes you a woman are two X chromosomes, not two tits hanging off your chest.
    So your above argument is, although very sweet, complete shite. If some woman is placing so much importance on what she wears and whether or not she has tits, she needs to see a psychiatrist or therapist or somebody STAT.
    My argument is most definitely not complete shite. Maybe for you it is. Not for thousands of women. And the argument isn't so much "very sweet" as it is just plain rational and logical. Nothing more than that. Someone has a problem with something that's not comfortable, they take care of it. Simple as that.

You are most welcome to experience living with two nipples on a flat chest for awhile. Maybe you already do, and don't mind. In any case, you obviously don't mind. That's fine, but I do. Or did.
    Last edited by Mira; January 7th, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My boobs are asymetrical, left one is bigger (maybe as much as a cup size) than the right. It might be nice to be able to fix that but I've never had a problem with clothing nor felt the need/want to get implants. I just put an extra padding on the smaller side. Plus hubby's against PS anyways which I think is pretty cool for a dude.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's neat. Your story reminds me that my left has been bigger than my right too, and the PS doc kept it that way just ever so slightly... I thought that was cool.

Pfft. I still maintain that nobody "needs" breast implants. What human beings need is food, water, shelter. Period. Clothing is optional, and love is gravy. But breast implants? Pffffft! Nobody "needs" breast implants.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You are a wickedho, WickedHo!

^^ Tee hee! I don't believe in false advertising.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've had mine so long they're a part of me, seriously!

^^ Hunh? Oh... wait... NOW I get it! HAahahahhahaa!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, when I went in 12 months ago for a mammo, they had me sign the usual release form and I was standing there going oh fuck.... every time that machine squeezed me I was sweatin' bullets. But all's well. They sent me another damn notice a couple weeks ago, though. Apparently now at my advanced age I'm supposed to be having one every year, WTF?!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Do they need to be extra careful with mammo if you have implants? I'd think they wouldn't want to burst them.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I'm 32 and I've still never had one. I guess that's why I never even considered the possibility that an implant could burst!!! That's not really a possibility, is it? Has that really happend before???

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think so, even without the mammogram squeeze! The form said something about implants over 10 years old very occasionally bursting with the pressure of the mammogram. Mine are over 10 years old, which is considered ancient in the cosmetic surgery field. Well damn I'm not going to worry. All is well.

Thread Information