Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Simpson's strange "shelf"

Bronze Member

Wink Re: Jessica Simpson's strange "shelf"

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    Apparently, she's a DD. Many many women are that size and much much larger. I am a DD and have never had any trouble buying bras, strapless or otherwise.
    I am also a DD to an E depending on the Bra, I have found that they are quite expensive, although recently I have picked up a few bargins (thank god) and I have also noticed they are starting to bring out some quite nice ones aswell, where in the past I have had a draw full of granny style harnesses, I now have a draw full of really pretty bras, I guess it all depends on where you live and shop.
    oh and the whole strapless bra thing, I do own one which is convertiable 5 diff ways includeing strapless but haven't been game to try it strapless yet, I worry it will fail me!!!!

Default Re: Jessica Simpson's strange "shelf"

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    Strapless bras, not a problem if you find the right one. I wear a DDD and I have a strapless bra with excellent support that I swear I could do jumping jacks in. It looks just as good as a regular bra too. She apparently thinks she can go braless with that dress and that just really doesn't work.
    Can you give the brand and style of the bra? I'm now a C/D cup, and I still have the worst time trying to find supportive strapless bras.

The brand is Cacique, which is Lane Bryant's intimate apparel line. The bra is their original convertible bra, which they call the "Seamless 5-way convertible bra". They have a new strapless called "Bra 6", which is plunge, but I don't like it as much.

Wow, do people really think C/D/DD are large breasts? I don't at all. In fact I think they are just pretty standard sizes. I would not really ever consider myself to have 'big' boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyboo18
    I am also a DD to an E depending on the Bra, I have found that they are quite expensive, although recently I have picked up a few
    Are they not just all standard price? Do you find 'bigger' bras expensive? Where I shop for underwear (La Senza, Marks and Spencer, Topshop) there would be no price difference between a 32A and a 32E. I don't think there should be either.

The reason it usually costs more for larger bras is that you are more likely to venture into "extended" sizes or having to go to specialty shops where they can charge you an upcharge. There is one specialty store in my area where you can very easily end up paying $80 for one bra if you are a larger size.

Well yeah obviously for sizes like F, G and H but surely not for very typical sizes like the C, D and DD like I mentionned?

DD is becoming more of a specialty size. Victoria's Secret stopped carrying them in their stores and converted to online only sales. We get a lot of customers from Victoria's Secret now (I work in Lane Bryant, my specialty department is Cacique).

I suppose they must be considered 'big' in America then, but they definately aren't here in the UK. That surprises me really because I thought the typical (average) America woman was larger (all over) than the average English woman.

I just found a site that says the average American bust size is 34B. It states the cup size distribution as "A-15%, B-44%, C-28%, D-10%, while the remaining 3% are AA, AAA, DD and beyond."

http://www.whitedisk.150m.com/Sexrecords/page10.htm

Wow, I cannot believe that! No offence to anyone but other nationalities do tend to hold a stereotype of the Americans that they are typicaly 'rather large' shall we say.

In the UK the typical bra size is apparently a 34B/36C, which is so strange. Not one of my friends has small boobs, we're almost all D or DD. There must be some real flatties out there balancing us out.

Apparently the average American woman owns only 6 bras as well!

Yeah, I found that surprising too. I've lost track of how many I own, but I also work in a lingerie department, get a fantastic discount, and get free bras whenever we introduce a new one so that we can try them out and decide what we like about them. However, when I think about it, there are probably between 6 and 8 that I wear on a regular basis though.

Yeah same for me I think. I must own around 30 bras, but I do have one style in purple, white, black and burgandy that I tend to wear a lot. Us women eh? A fickle bunch

ooh i love bra's i have waaay too many!!

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    Wow, do people really think C/D/DD are large breasts? I don't at all. In fact I think they are just pretty standard sizes. I would not really ever consider myself to have 'big' boobs.
    are you kidding? i think a C is already on the big side. i consider B the average. i don't know about the brits but french, swiss, italian, spanish women tend to be pretty much in the B range, at least when they're young.
    i had a breast reduction because i had large D or DD breasts (depending on my weight) and they weren't proportional to my frame and my back hurt and i felt top-heavy and clothes didn't fit...
    breast implants need less support than natural boobs but still a DD is pretty big. looking at messica's boobs i have to agree with the poster that said she got a lift, then implants, then judging from these pics got the implants taken out. and now her boobs are a mess.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I agree, a C is the beginning of what I consider big. D or DD, that's just huge to me. My mom is a D and that's just way too much boob for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information