Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Implant removal question

Ugh, I don't know why anyone would do this in the first place other than to reconstruct or correct a defect.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sultryred View Post
    No, the natural tissue stays (it sits on top of the implant, I can feel mine) and the pocket is just created for implant placement. Some natural tissue does have to go upon removal if she had scar tissue. Unless she went super big, sagging won't be a problem.

I'm contemplating a removal also but have yet to decide if I end up removing or replacing.
    Ive thought about a removal but I think i might just go a bit smaller...You were under the muscle right? Iwouldnt think replacement would be as painful as when originally put in do you? I mean I know it will be uncomfortable but I was in quite a bit of pain, glad I went with the armpit incision tho, that healed pretty fast
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Silver Member

^yeah the recovery is said to be much quicker the 2nd time. Considering there is already a pocket, it makes sense that there's minimal pain/bruising and the implant doesn't need much time to "drop" or settle. I too think I'll just end up switching my implants to a smaller size and go over the muscle with silicone next time.
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

i saw where the doctor has to reassign the nipples. now that means all feeling in your nipples are gone. so what is the meaning of having breast implants when you can't feel the nipples during certain activities. so i will keep mine and gravity has hit but it is fine with my husband. he loves them..

I dont know about that!!!
    Mine were put in under my armpit, so I had no incisions on my breast. I lost no sensitivity. I wouldnt have had them done if I had to have them put in around the nipple area. I know someone who went through her navel, no way would I do that either.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    I dont know about that!!!
    Mine were put in under my armpit, so I had no incisions on my breast. I lost no sensitivity. I wouldnt have had them done if I had to have them put in around the nipple area. I know someone who went through her navel, no way would I do that either.
    I know two people who had nipple incisions and they lost no feeling and there is no scar at all.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that it depends on what you have done, where & when.... I had gyni surgery (which I appreciate is very different) and now 2 years later I've more or less got all the feeling back.... but as I say its taken its time.... But I've felt no ill effects from the stuff I have done in November.... weird, eh?
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member

For those of you ladies who have had implants...how often do they have to be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    For those of you ladies who have had implants...how often do they have to be replaced?

My surgeon told me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I know a lot of ppl say you have to replace them every 10 years, but unless the implant has been compromised in some way or there is some other issue, then they don't need to be replaced.

I've had mine 10 years, & haven't had any issues. Like cupcake though, I'm considering getting smaller implants. I just hate to fool around with it though, considering I've not had any issues with them. I don't want to risk having a problem with the next ones, ya know? Also, the surgeon who did mine retired about 4 or 5 years ago. I went to 5 different consults before I found him. He was the shiz.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    My surgeon told me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I know a lot of ppl say you have to replace them every 10 years, but unless the implant has been compromised in some way or there is some other issue, then they don't need to be replaced.

I've had mine 10 years, & haven't had any issues. Like cupcake though, I'm considering getting smaller implants. I just hate to fool around with it though, considering I've not had any issues with them. I don't want to risk having a problem with the next ones, ya know? Also, the surgeon who did mine retired about 4 or 5 years ago. I went to 5 different consults before I found him. He was the shiz.
    Same thing with my friend. She asked her doctor about it after she hit the 10 year mark and the doc said there is no NEED to take them out unless you have a deflation or some other problem. She said the doc's office told her they've got pateints who have had the same implants for 20 years. Some peoples' bodies just tolerate foreign objects much better than others. My friend wants hers a bit smaller but like you she has had not one complication or discomfort so she doesn't want to spend the money or get cut on any sooner than she has to.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

My doc said 10 years too. I guess just to be safe I might, smaller and maybe silicone which wasnt available before. I hate the fact of the down time. Our businesses are so busy ,if I take that kind of time off Id rather be on vacation somewhere.
    Holly, that stinks about your Dr retiring.
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Holly, that stinks about your Dr retiring.
    Thanks. I cried when he told me he was retiring! I was hoping after he retired, he'd miss it & then "un-retire." But that didn't happen & he actually moved out of state to be near his kids & grandkids.

wow. Well there are many great Drs out there. As you know you have to really research them tho. We have so many quacks around here its amazing to me that some stay in business.
    Rip Mom

I'm glad you mentioned that you could go over 10 years, I'm coming up on the 10 year mark and was dreading a surgery.

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

The 10 year mark is a huge myth about implants. You keep them unless you want to change a size or you develop a problem with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information