Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 153

Thread: Gwen Stefani's breast implants

  1. #121
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,703

    Default

    I want to add that not all of us feel someone cheated in "the beauty olympics".....even those of us that have small breasts....I didn't even know there was a beauty olympics (would that be in Bejing 2008???)

    I also dont consider plastic surgery cheating......

    and I have never felt "pressured" to get implants.....

    But I do realize that my experiences are not every one else's, and yes while there are plenty of men that are "falling over women with big ones"...there are also plenty of men who like asses, or great legs or beautiful faces too....like the old expression says "There's a lid for every pot"

    I was lucky enough to have not have these self confidence issues, and never internalized the message that "there is something they want that you don't have"......so i guess i have to thank my upbringing for that.......I think a lot of it is socio-economic as well....I grew up in an environment that considered small breasts to be elegant and aristocratic....I can remember as a teenager one of my larger breasted, wider hipped girlfriends joking about having come from "peasant stock"...and have a few friends that have had reductions as well.....

  2. #122
    Silver Member veronabrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I suspect that when women see other women with implants there is the feeling that 'they cheated' in the beauty olympics. There is also an inferrred social pressure to get them,too, since these other women did....almost as if there's no 'excuse' for you to be small/flat.

    That is why I suspect there is something deeper going on along the lines of 'protesting too much'. I think many women have been made (even though we don't want to admit it) to feel slighted by men (whether it be a boyfirend, male friends, or males we see on tv) when we don't measure up to whatever ideal they have. We feel left out.

    So if your small/flat chest is something you want to change just because you want to look better in clothes (or out of them), tough titty for you. It's only okay for certain people to feel that their breasts matter, according to the judgmental types among us.
    you made some really great points. The thing is, if some women feel that other women "cheated" then thats their problem, not mine. I got my implants for MYSELF and no one will tell me otherwise. Some women think that implants are for men or to look good for men...PLEASE! I got hit on just as much before my implants as I did after. I hate it when women complain about their looks and do nothing about it and then hate the women that do do something about it. I'm not saying every flat chested woman should get implants, because flat chests can be just as beautiful as larger ones (IF that is what you like), but IF flat chested women do feel they "can't measure up" because other women have implants then i suspect that they aren't "OK" at all with their flat chests, even though many say that they are.

    My main point is that some women get breast implants for OTHER reasons than to look good for men or get attention or to further their careers. Some women get implants because they just never developed and wanted to have something on their chest other than flat skin and a nipple. thanks.

    I also hate it when people "pick and choose" which surgeries are OK in their books because of circumstance.

  3. #123
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veronabrit View Post
    you made some really great points. The thing is, if some women feel that other women "cheated" then thats their problem, not mine. I got my implants for MYSELF and no one will tell me otherwise. Some women think that implants are for men or to look good for men...PLEASE! I got hit on just as much before my implants as I did after. I hate it when women complain about their looks and do nothing about it and then hate the women that do do something about it. I'm not saying every flat chested woman should get implants, because flat chests can be just as beautiful as larger ones (IF that is what you like), but IF flat chested women do feel they "can't measure up" because other women have implants then i suspect that they aren't "OK" at all with their flat chests, even though many say that they are.

    My main point is that some women get breast implants for OTHER reasons than to look good for men or get attention or to further their careers. Some women get implants because they just never developed and wanted to have something on their chest other than flat skin and a nipple. thanks.

    I also hate it when people "pick and choose" which surgeries are OK in their books because of circumstance.
    Great post! I agree with everything you said.

  4. #124
    Elite Member Dixie Normos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In between the mountains and sea
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    To all the smaller gals (like me), huge boobs are a rather new accessory to the human mammal. Until the last few centuries, average people were simply not rich enough to afford the fatty diet required to make 'em. Check out any painting 1600 or earlier, big bottoms...small tops. Women's lower halves were solid, prolly from running around after children and men, while heavy laundry, cooking and other assorted tasks kept their pecs trim.
    Hard upperbody excersize and low fat diet = smaller boobs.
    Think , weightlifters, ballet dancers, gymnasts.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

  5. #125
    Silver Member veronabrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    563

    Default

    ^ Gymnastics and ballet can actually stunt your growth, including your breasts especially if you do them competitively, it can also cause puberty to come much later than it would naturally.

    I think that when it comes down to it, genetics determine everything and if you don't develop breast tissue, a lot of women in your family are probably flat chested too (as in mostly true in my case).

    I don't think there is anything wrong with being flat chested, but i also don't think its alright for someone to judge me for not wanting to be flat chested. To each their own.

  6. #126
    Gold Member khaebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veronabrit View Post
    ^ Gymnastics and ballet can actually stunt your growth, including your breasts especially if you do them competitively, it can also cause puberty to come much later than it would naturally.

    I think that when it comes down to it, genetics determine everything and if you don't develop breast tissue, a lot of women in your family are probably flat chested too (as in mostly true in my case).

    I don't think there is anything wrong with being flat chested, but i also don't think its alright for someone to judge me for not wanting to be flat chested. To each their own.
    amen!

    cheers!

  7. #127
    Elite Member Dixie Normos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In between the mountains and sea
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    No one in my family is small except for me. I only developed breasts when I stopped dancing/dragon boating. I don't judge anyone large or small, I'm just giving some of we inexplicably small peeps some reasons why
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

  8. #128
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Let's not forget that many women get implants just so they can be a B-cup and not all women who get implants (even bigger ones) wear low cut tops and have their boobs out on display trying to lure in the fellas.

  9. #129
    Silver Member veronabrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Let's not forget that many women get implants just so they can be a B-cup and not all women who get implants (even bigger ones) wear low cut tops and have their boobs out on display trying to lure in the fellas.
    This is so true. I got mine to be proportionate to my height, not to have huge "look at me"boobs.

  10. #130
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,139

    Default

    I'm no fan of implants. It's not that I'm jealous and I don't feel cheated either. It just makes me sad that women feel that they are under so much pressure that they agree to risk their lives in order to to be attractive. That's all.

    Besides, 99% of all implants just don't look good.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  11. #131
    Elite Member Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    ">You must be proud if you let Disney take advantage

  12. #132
    Silver Member veronabrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I'm no fan of implants. It's not that I'm jealous and I don't feel cheated either. It just makes me sad that women feel that they are under so much pressure that they agree to risk their lives in order to to be attractive. That's all.

    Besides, 99% of all implants just don't look good.
    don't be sad! I went into surgery knowing the risks. Also, i did not feel under pressure whatsoever to get implants, nor did I get them to be attractive.

    Breasts DO NOT make you attractive. I am always stunned when I hear someone say that women get implants to "be attractive". If you don't have a good face/nice features and a nice body, having larger breasts won't make you suddenly beautiful.

    I have said it before and I will say it again. I got hit on TONS when I had a completely flat chest. I knew I was attractive and I certainly did not think implants would make me more attractive. It just annoys me when people assume that this is why women get implants. Sure, some women probably do get them to feel more attractive, but even with larger breasts, if they are generally not a great looking person, it will certainly not make them look any better.

  13. #133
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veronabrit View Post
    I knew I was attractive and I certainly did not think implants would make me more attractive. It just annoys me when people assume that this is why women get implants.
    What other possible reasons are there for cutting open your chest, planting a possibly harmful foreign object into your body? If it wasn't for aesthetic reasons, than what was it?

    You said you knew the risks (fatality!), but you still went ahead and got them. If that isn't desperate, what is? And please don't give me the old "I just want to please myself" bs. Because through some miraculous coincident, your oh so individual beauty ideal matches the beauty ideal of 80% of male Americans.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  14. #134
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    What other possible reasons are there for cutting open your chest, planting a possibly harmful foreign object into your body? If it wasn't for aesthetic reasons, than what was it?
    Aesthetic motivation doesn't always mean 'for the purpose of getting men to want you'. I have a friend whose husband wasn't a boob man and she doesn't cheat. She got fed up with the way some clothes she liked flattened her out and she was always wearing padded type push up bras, so she decided to do this with no encouragement or cheerleading from him. I'd also like to point out that she wasn't big before (full B) but since she had wide boobs and enough breast tissue, her implants look awesome, not hard at all. I think many people think most implants look bad because the ones that you notice that are obviously implants probably do look bad, just as overdone Botox makes people think all botyox injections will leave you looking like a wax figure.

    And really is it not possible to please yourself by being more appealing to the opposite sex? Must they be mutually exclusive? Since when is it a crime to be a woman who enjoys having men find you attractive and just why is that a character flaw in itself? Doing so doesn't mean that a woman doesn't have dignity and class and isn't intelligent, competent, and accomplished in other ways.
    You said you knew the risks (fatality!), but you still went ahead and got them. If that isn't desperate, what is? Would you say that to a 40 yr old woman who has her first baby at that age even though we all know the risks of that,too? How about a woman with diabetes who really wants kids, so she goes for it hoping the odds will be in her favor? Some people just don't make all their decisions based on fearing for the worst. Why fly to Hawaii when you could drive to Myrtle Beach? Risks are part of life, even unneccesary ones, and I can see why some people might be attracted to risky things that others wouldn't do (motorcycles, skydiving-which I would do, even hunting). Really the odds of dying from a boob job are fairly small. Even otc aspirin comes with warnings about possible side effects, as is the case with many pharmaceuticals. Pick your poison.

  15. #135
    Silver Member veronabrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    What other possible reasons are there for cutting open your chest, planting a possibly harmful foreign object into your body? If it wasn't for aesthetic reasons, than what was it?

    You said you knew the risks (fatality!), but you still went ahead and got them. If that isn't desperate, what is? And please don't give me the old "I just want to please myself" bs. Because through some miraculous coincident, your oh so individual beauty ideal matches the beauty ideal of 80% of male Americans.
    Not that I have to justify my decision for you, but for the sake of this thread, I will. I chose to have implants because I never developed any breast tissue. I was completely flat. For me, getting implants was to make myself proportionate and to create volume in my breasts . And YES i did do it for myself. I did not have low self esteem, nor did I want to feel more attractive. To be honest, I don't give a damn what anyone thought about my breasts (or lack thereof). My (now) Fiance met me before I had my implants and he loved me just as much then as he does now that I have them.

    I suppose it is difficult for any woman who developed breasts (even small ones) to understand where I am coming from because you went through puberty normally. I felt like a woman who was missing a part of her anatomy. I'm sorry if you cannot understand that, but that was how I felt. If i even had SOME breast tissue, I probably would not have gotten implants.

    And just FYI my "individual beauty ideal" matched what 80% of society finds beautiful BEFORE I got my implants.

    You may find it BS when people say "I did it for myself", but that is the truth. What other truth (in my case) could there possibly be?

    I had great self esteem, was confident with my looks.
    I had a great boyfriend who loved me just the way I was.
    I had no motives to get attention or to "look more attractive", as I already got attention/told I was attractive before my implants.

    I simply wanted to have some volume in my completely flat chest so that I didn't feel like part of my anatomy was missing. If you cannot believe that, thats fine with me, but I am trying to enlighten you about my experience here.

    And YES surgery is a RISK. However, the risk of me dying during breast augmentation surgery is way lower than the risk of dying in a car accident when i get into my car everyday. We all take risks, that is just how life is. You take risk when you invest in the stock market, when you eat certain foods that could over time cause you to develop heart disease, when we fly on planes etc. That is a part of life and I knew the risk was so very low that I decided (after a lot of research) that I would have the surgery. I do not see this as "desperate" just as I would not see getting into your car everyday and driving somewhere as "desperate" because the outcome MIGHT be death.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gwen Stefani's Wind It Up
    By xoxo in forum Music and Music Videos
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: June 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM
  2. Gwen Stefani's 'The Sweet Escape'
    By Eli in forum Music and Music Videos
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 16th, 2007, 03:58 AM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: November 15th, 2006, 03:39 PM
  4. Gwen Stefani's first kiss grudge
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 30th, 2006, 06:23 PM
  5. Gwen Stefani's dating hives
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 28th, 2005, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •