Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gwen Stefani's breast implants

^ maybe it doesn't make sense to you why any woman would get implants because you have never felt insecure about your breasts.

If a hard plastic ball and a breast implant are the "same things to you" then you need to get your sensory receptors checked because they are clearly not functioning properly.

Wow, thanks for that! I'll make a doctor's appointment right away
    I hate fake tits, that doesn't mean we don't ALL have our insecurities sometimes. I can understand understand how another person can have insecurities that affect their life and I can see how we ALL have to live with ourselves, with our flaws and our advantages. You can never look perfect, the best thing you can do is make the best of what you have- not all people believe in running to the surgeons. And anyway, it is the world's biggest idiocy to believe that stuffing your tits will fix your natural human insecurities, because it's not going to happen.

Word.

^^ I second that....I'm a 34A and I have always "felt like a woman"....

I don't get how having a chemical filled balloon inserted in my chest would make me feel more secure.....

of course I don't look to men for validation of my womanhood...so i guess that's why......

all sizes are beautiful.....and I can't buy into that blow up sex doll mentality

sooo sad that we live in a world where people are willing to have their flesh sliced open for vanity......
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; December 4th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

Couldn't they just be pregnancy boobs? Not all go flat and apelike afters...
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Hit By Ban Bus!

Like the "new" Gwen, she was so flat.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

sooo sad that we live in a world where people are willing to have their flesh sliced open for vanity......
    People act like this sort of vanity and the things we are willing to do for it is some sort of modern phenomenon. It is not. What is different is that we have the advanced technology to do something about the things we want to change. If breast implants, botox, lipo, and face lifts had been avaialble 500 yrs ago people would have been having them done,too. Look at all the other things people endured in generations past: corsets, leaded face whitening powder, etc. Look at what other cultures do to meet beauty standards: plates in the lips, neck stretching, breast burning/binding....it ain't no Western thing.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

Look at what other cultures do to meet beauty standards: plates in the lips, neck stretching, breast burning/binding....it ain't no Western thing.

And lets not forget about clitorectomies.....it's all sad.....whether it's done in the west or anywhere else......

thats why I never feel bad when someone dies during plastic surgery...why risk it?

We take risks every day for things that aren't necessary, but desired. Why do 43 yr old women have babies? Why fly to Hawaii for vacation? The odds are in your favor that cosmetic surgery won't kill you if you are healthy and are working with a qualified doctor. Fuck it, you only live once.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Fuck it, you only live once.
    yes, but I have more important things to focus on in life than my ta-tas.....

I'm just so disturbed when I hear women say " I didn't feel like a woman because of my small breasts".....as if breasts were the only thing that makes you a woman

Or when people say you aren't a woman until you've had a kid. Some women don't want any and some can't, doesn't make them less womanly...just different.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Or when people say you aren't a woman until you've had a kid. Some women don't want any and some can't, doesn't make them less womanly...just different.

Bravo sister!!!!

I see quite a few men with breasts nowadays so i dont know if they are exclusively female anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie View Post
    And anyway, it is the world's biggest idiocy to believe that stuffing your tits will fix your natural human insecurities, because it's not going to happen.

actually, you are wrong. Personally, getting implants has completely taken away my insecurity about my breasts. I have always been fairly confident about my appearance aside from my breasts. Now that I have shape and volume in my breasts instead of a completely flat chest with no breast tissue, my insecurity has gone away completely. I know you don't think this is possible, but trust me, it is.

Look, I get what you are saying. I get that there are women who do it for the wrong reasons and I get that there are some women who don't care about having a flat chest, but don't call implants "hard plastic balls" because unless you have felt one, then you would know that just is not true.

If someone was born with a slightly concave cheek and was insecure about it and could get a cheek implant to even out their features, then i don't think people would be as judgmental as they are when it comes to breast implants. I never developed breasts and wanted to fill out my chest- i don't see what the issue is and why people "hate implants".

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

I'm just so disturbed when I hear women say " I didn't feel like a woman because of my small breasts".....as if breasts were the only thing that makes you a woman
    don't be disturbed, its just a personal matter. I have always felt like a woman but i also felt that part of my anatomy was missing. I think you have to look at circumstance. When a woman with a C cup is getting implants, then its usually just because they want huge boobs. When a woman who is flat chested and never developed any breast tissue gets implants its usually to augment something that never did on its own, naturally. Breasts and female sex organs are what differentiate men and women and to not have breasts can affect your self perception when it comes to your femininity.
    Last edited by Tati; December 8th, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

I never developed breasts and wanted to fill out my chest- i don't see what the issue is and why people "hate implants".
    Well, I'm on your side, but I guess there are several reasons implants strike such an emotional chord for some women (and it usually is women who have such an intense reaction). I suspect that when women see other women with implants there is the feeling that 'they cheated' in the beauty olympics. There is also an inferrred social pressure to get them,too, since these other women did....almost as if there's no 'excuse' for you to be small/flat. That is bullshit, I know, and it is my one real concern about the increased prevalence of ps (that we become intolerant of people who don't 'fix' less than ideal features since the technology is available). I don't see the reason for all the implant hate because to my knowledge no one is being forced onto an operating table against their will. That is why I suspect there is something deeper going on along the lines of 'protesting too much'. I think many women have been made (even though we don't want to admit it) to feel slighted by men (whether it be a boyfirend, male friends, or males we see on tv) when we don't measure up to whatever ideal they have. We feel left out. We want to be the objects of their affections as much as some girl in a centerfold. If you have small boobs and you see guys everywhere falling over women with big ones (even implants that guys will supposedly not like, yeah right) then you internalize the message that there is something they want that you don't have. The day we all become islands who aren't affected by the world around us will be the day this earth is populated by aliens.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: for a lot of women the 'only okay plastic surgery is my plastic surgery'.In other words, whatever procedure they could see themselves having someday gets a proverbial pass. Breast implants are 'okay' for a woman who has breastfed 4 kids and whose breasts are left looking like deflated balloons with golf balls inside (because some women could see themselves in that situation someday). It is apparently okay for a breast cancer survivor to feel her femininity is compromised by her mastectomy, so implants are not only okay for them, but should be covered by insurance as well even though their breasts don't serve any more of a medically essential purpose than yours or mine. So if your small/flat chest is something you want to change just because you want to look better in clothes (or out of them), tough titty for you. It's only okay for certain people to feel that their breasts matter, according to the judgmental types among us.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information