Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me the truth about what age womens' breasts stop growing?

I've actually wondered that same thing myself. They grow when you have babies?

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    I've actually wondered that same thing myself. They grow when you have babies?
    most women's breasts get pretty large when pregnant because they are filling with milk for breasfeeding the baby.

However, if you do breastfeed, many women end up with sagging and "empty" breasts which are no longer firm and have lost their volume. The majority of women who get implants are ones who are done having kids and want to restore the volume they lost after breastfeeding.

Silver Member

Thanks so much for more advice & good luck wishes! Btw I appreciate that someone thinks I have a good head on my shoulders. haha Thanks so much for the links to those sites/message boards. I'm definitely going to check those out. If anyone else has anyone else has any comments, definitely let me know! I appreciate all the information/advice I can get anywhere.

Weird you mentioned, this. I have always been a 36B but I have recently noticed I am now a D cup. Also one tit was always a size bigger than the other one, and now are pretty equal. I am 29 y.o. I havent gained or lost any weight recently either. And a few months ago I watched an episode of Surgical stories & there was a woman in her 40's who said her breasts have never stopped growing & had to resort to a reduction because they went up to a G cup....wow!
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Silver Member

^ I still have hope then!

I had an ED when I was 17-19 years old but after I started to eat healthy and hit the gym now and then my breast started to grow. I have allways been a late bloomer. Now I am 21 and it feels like my breast are still growing, slowly though... I am small but my breasts is getting a cute fuller figure, if you know what I mean...

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

The majority of women who get implants are ones who are done having kids and want to restore the volume they lost after breastfeeding. I agree that many post bf women want implants to replace the volume ,but while they all say they just want to 'get back what they lost' they always end up at least a cup size bigger than what they started with. Hmmmm.....................

Also, comparing notes with a few friends, we all noticed that our bra size at Vic Secret have cone up from 34 to 36 or from C to D. Yet, our old bras (and old sizes) still fit. I wonder if there just isn't a sizing change, sort of live reverse vanity sizing for bras. You know, your jeans size goes down but your bra size goes up?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
    I had an ED when I was 17-19 years old but after I started to eat healthy and hit the gym now and then my breast started to grow. I have allways been a late bloomer. Now I am 21 and it feels like my breast are still growing, slowly though... I am small but my breasts is getting a cute fuller figure, if you know what I mean...
    We're kind of similar. I had my ED from around the time I ended my junior year of high school to around the time I started college, maybe a little bit after. I hope I am still growing like you.

^^^It's very possible, as you mentioned the eating disorder. Your body may catch up now that its getting more nutrients^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Whoa-I saw my Cousin's bosom, as she says "Take on a life of their own" in her 40's. Talk to your gynecologist first & get medical input.
    *crosses fingers and toes*

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    ^^^It's very possible, as you mentioned the eating disorder. Your body may catch up now that its getting more nutrients^^^^
    I really hope so. I don't want to stay the same size as I am now, but I don't really want anything fake in my body either.

^give it a few months & then decide what to do, there is nothing wrong with implants but nothing wrong with waiting either^

Silver Member

^ Yeah I'm definitely going to wait more than that actually. I'm only 21, & since there's a possibility that I can keep growing until 24-25, I probably shouldn't get implants anytime soon, unless I find out that I'm not growing anymore. Another thing is that I was a thin child. I've noticed that the thicker girls I knew developed faster.

I just read that Britney Spears did get implants as a teen, but her natural breasts were still growing. So she had them removed once she filled out naturally. She was significantly younger than me, being 17, but there are always extremes, I guess. I know girls who were fully developed at 13-14. So I guess not being done growing until well into your twenties doesn't sound too weird. I really hope it's not impossible.

My breasts were always large (34D by my junior year of high school), but they became enormous after I started taking Paxil and gained 20lbs. I went up to an F or G cup around 21. I had a reduction right around my 22nd birthday, and I've been a 36C ever since. I keep my weight down for fear that they'll come back if I don't. It's a good incentive!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Also, comparing notes with a few friends, we all noticed that our bra size at Vic Secret have cone up from 34 to 36 or from C to D. Yet, our old bras (and old sizes) still fit. I wonder if there just isn't a sizing change, sort of live reverse vanity sizing for bras. You know, your jeans size goes down but your bra size goes up?
    Yeah, VS absolutely vanity sizes their bras. Even when I had practically nothing, they measured me and said I was a B cup. I buy my most of my bras from Target now, and post boob job, I'm a full B.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information