Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Breast reduction surgery

spiffy - thank you so much for taking the time to write this very informative post. It really does help to hear real-life experiences, especially when people have done well through the surgery. Glad it worked out so well for you

Yes, thank you Spiffy!!

I have an appt in approx 3 wks w/my GYN and will be asking for a referral at that point (as I know he is quite familiar w/many of the Plastic Surgeons in the area) and see what he thinks in terms of my family history of Breast Cancer, and what, if any, issues there could be regarding this aspect. Just want to get a professional that I already know/like/trust to point me in the right direction.

Bronze Member

sounds like things are going along as planned and that you're making informed decisions!

after that, when you walk in the door the morning of surgery, be positive and happy.

i hope i get to hear about the outcome and recovery -- it's a big decision and you're doing it right.

best wishes,
    spiffy

Anyone know how much you have to have removed to get insurance to cover it? I've considered it off and on but am starting to consider it more seriously.

Bunch of questions though. Is it possible that the boobs are causing you problems and you don't realize it? Like maybe I'm attributing it to other things? Example: if I stand for a bit, like someone mentioned cooking, my lower back starts to hurt, and I always thought it was bc I have flat feet but now I wonder...

What is the best advice in terms of timing it around having kids- to get it before or after you have kids?

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I am a 38DDD now. But I would bet that I am more like a 38F or something.
    Lynnie, were you this size before you had kids (if you've had them)?

I'm about that size, and I'm not all that overweight- I'm a size 12, 5'7, but I've got a wide frame.

I'm terrified about how big my boobs would get if I had kids.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I always had a "hips and tits" chassis, but once I had kids the tits became a G-sized problem.
    Gack- this is exactly what I'm scared of. Sounds like we have a similar frame.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    and see what he thinks in terms of my family history of Breast Cancer, and what, if any, issues there could be regarding this aspect.
    Are larger-busted women thought to be more likely to have breast cancer? IDK, either way.

^^Cali I wasn't a 38DDD before kids no....but was 36DD. I was a 34DD at the age of 18 and maybe weighed 110lbs.

I don't think larger breasted women have any higher likely hood of developing breast cancer--yet I have a very strong family history (mom died at age 50 of it) so I want to know what this surgery could possibly mean for me in the future in terms of MRI's/mammo's---does this surgery affect those ie; scar tissue, etc. Is it possibly not a good idea because of the family history? I just want to ask those prior to being super gung ho about it.

Have an appt at the end of October for a referral...and to talk about above.
    Raff likes this.

Was referred today to a local surgeon, who per my GYN is the best in the area. I did ask him why he thought this particular physician was the best and he gave me the run down....
    Soo....I go for a consult in January. And another MRI of the boobs, just to make sure its a good idea at all....

Inching there slowly but surely....

Hey, steps are steps and you're moving in the right direction, Lynnie. Plus, you want time to get ready for it and this probably isn't something you want to go through right before the holidays.

I'm another 38DDD and I would really like to get rid of the damn things! I'd love to be a plain ol' C cup... no double frigging letters at all! I'll have to see what comes in the next year or so as I've got some things in the works that this would interfere with...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

After the baby, I'm getting this done. I'm 32/34 DD and I'm pretty petite. Right now, I'm pretty much an F and will get bigger when I'm nursing. I hate trying to find clothes (tops) that fit. I should wear a small, but always have to get bigger to accommodate the boobs.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

good luck to you gals i'm so glad i'll never have to do this...doesn't look pleasant at all.

Ok, my Consult is next week.....will let you know how it goes!

Edit: next Tuesday!
    Last edited by LynnieD; January 5th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow *high five* are you nervous?

Not nervous no...at least right now. Just want to make sure I like this guy, he answers my questions, like the office, etc. If I don't feel comfortable and if he cannot answer my questions to my satisfaction, then I will not go through with it.

So...we'll see how it goes!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Good luck Lynnie! And yay you for doing this.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

good luck, lynnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I'm about that size, and I'm not all that overweight- I'm a size 12, 5'7, but I've got a wide frame.

I'm terrified about how big my boobs would get if I had kids.
    not to scare you, but i was a 36DDD before kids. my son's 13 months old & i'm now a 38H. i really never thought my boobs could get much bigger than a DDD cup, but they did.

i dream of having a breast reduction. maybe someday. *sigh*
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information