Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Breast reduction surgery

Honestly, I'm not upset--been down this road a few times, but never as far as a breast surgeon. Wasn't sure exactly what this dude would be doing, if anything, since they didn't give me much info. My appt is in 2 wks, so no rush or anything....

Hope your next appointment goes well. I was actually thinking about you yesterday because I was talking to my husband about maybe getting a Br one day. My HMO will cover it if it's medically necessary. I have always had poor posture because I can't pull back my shoulders and I'm getting a lump near the back of my neck from always havin my shoulders roll forward. My upper back hurts all of the time. Right now I think I am a DDD. When I was pregnant/nursing I was like a EE or F. Something ridiculous. I really don't know what I am anymore because not much fits so I wear sports bras to keep them from bouncing or dragging me down.

I need my doctor to document it all now so i have this in my records for at least a year documented. I am planning to get pregnant ASAP and nurse this 3rd and last baby for a year. After that my plan is to lose as much baby weight as I can, do exercises to strengthen my muscles and help my posture, etc. If that doesn't work I am going to seek a BR, this just sucks. Even at my lowest weight I was a full C, small D. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Honestly, I'm not upset--been down this road a few times, but never as far as a breast surgeon. Wasn't sure exactly what this dude would be doing, if anything, since they didn't give me much info. My appt is in 2 wks, so no rush or anything....
    I really don't understand how they didn't explain anything whatsoever about what the surgeon will do, or WHY. Can you call your doc back for clarification? I agree it's probably of no concern, but that is just shitty communication on their part, and I wouldn't stand for it.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I really don't understand how they didn't explain anything whatsoever about what the surgeon will do, or WHY. Can you call your doc back for clarification? I agree it's probably of no concern, but that is just shitty communication on their part, and I wouldn't stand for it.
    I was told this doctor would be doing another 'exam' and will be reviewing all my boob records. If he feels there is something to ne explored more in depth, then he would do it I guess? Due to the reduction, I guess there is some question about scar tissue or something more sinister, though noone actually came out and said that---they just want another exam done. Better to be safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I was told this doctor would be doing another 'exam' and will be reviewing all my boob records. If he feels there is something to ne explored more in depth, then he would do it I guess? Due to the reduction, I guess there is some question about scar tissue or something more sinister, though noone actually came out and said that---they just want another exam done. Better to be safe than sorry!
    The radiolgists finds are area he cannot explain. The breast surgeon (your new BF) can tell at lot more by examining you in person. He sees boobs for a living! Mine knew within 15 minutes that my area was most likely a cyst that would desolve within a few months. And it did.
    A radiologist just looks at scans all day. This takes a more -pardon- hands on look.
    LynnieD likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread Information