Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Breast reduction surgery

I'm here!

The weekend kind of sucked---I pulled some internal stitches, hence the reason for the shooting pains on my right side. It wasn't just a few pains here and there, it was constant (several hours) of real PAIN. But feeling better today. I actually drove for the first time today (took little one to ballet) and did fine, just tired. Cannot believe how wiped out I am constantly. It's ridiculous.

So, still taking it easy and trying not to overdo it. Though is hard when I am the only one around. My husband didn't get home until after 9 last night, so that leaves me here, alone for 15+ hrs a day. And with 2 small kids, its difficult. But doing my best!

Rest,rest,rest. Bring in a sitter.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^
    i was about to suggest that. even if you're home, hire a teenager or local sitter to come and help you out and give you a bit of a break.
    you need to take it easy and not try to do too much. it will only lead to more complications and pulled stitches.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Can your older daughter help the little one at bathtime while you supervise so you don't have to move too much?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yes lynnie you have to rest *gentle hug* wish I could help in some way

awww Lynnie I wish I lived closer to you I'd come help you out I know how hard it is when you don't have anyone to help out.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this is the one time when you have to totally under-do it! i've heard stories of women who other women I've known who've had breast implant surgery and fucked around, not taking it seriously and ended up infections and scar tissue healing wrong and even having to go back for more surgery all b/c they weren't handling the after-care right, its a very very sensitive particular area so you MUST let yourself heal, I know its frustrating and painful as hell, but like they say, it'll all be a memory soon enough

So its been 2 wks today since the surgery. Went out yesterday and had a great day. Felt good, nothing out of the ordinary...didn't overdo. About 4-5 pm last night a wave of nausea comes over me and I start to vomit AGAIN...and didn't stop vomiting until approx 2 am. I have never vomited this much TOTAL in my entire life. I do not understand why this is happening again. I suppose it might not be related, but seems like it probably is. Felt semi feverish too, but nothing crazy.
    What does everyone think? I don't see any issues with the stitches or any oozing. I still do have minor pain, but not taking anything weird. So I just don't get it. And I am SICK and tired of being SICK and tired. What should I do??
    I do not want to be up yakking again for yet another night.....

UUGGGHHHH!

you need to go to the doctor. not to scare you but nausea and feverish sounds like it could be an infection.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Call your doctor. It could be nothing (probably is nothing) but, if it is an infection of some sort you just don't want to F**k with that. Better safe than sorry. Sorry for the problems Lynnie. I can only imagine how sucky this all is. Thank god you only have to do this once. Next year looking back, it will be just a memory
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Lynnie, it's possible it's just a stomach bug, but you know your body best and if you feel like it's surgery related, it probably is. Are you still on pain killers or any meds you're not used to? That could be it - pain killers make me queasy, too. If not, call your surgeon and let him know what's going on - that you're 2 weeks post surgery and still don't feel right and are yakking your brains out. Don't suffer through needlessly. Hugs, honey.

Bless you Lynnie this has been no easy ride for you. I agree get to your doc and get checked out!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't get the nausea thing now at all. Could be a fluke, you can't afford to take that chance. March,Missy!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You call the Butcer,you hear me?Take no chances and have it checked.It is probably a bug,but check it anyway.
    It is 3 months from my surgery and i still feel like shit.I do some feeble attemps to normality but that,s about it.
    Thanks the Lord i didnt puke.
    Now get your ass to the phone and report back.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Called the doctor. He didn't seem to think it was related....but if it gets worse or any other weird symptoms pop up over the weekend, he wants to know. I feel ok now, not great, but haven't been vomiting. Just going to ride it out and see how it goes. *keeps fingers crossed*

Thread Information