Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Breast reduction surgery

Oh, Lynnie, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. I'm glad it's over and you came out of surgery fine.

Maybe once you get all the anesthesia out of your body you'll stop barfing and start feeling better.

Hugs, honey.

Oh babe! I'm so sorry to hear that.
    From one surgical gal to another, I do recommend taking Vit C (used in cell renewal & soluble so if you don't need it you pass it out).
    I took 2 x 1000mg (those big things from trader joes that you take when you have a cold) and my surgeon was very please with how I healed & I swear it was down to the Vit C.

It'll get better but sometimes we need to go through this to reap the benefits.

Hugs xxx
    Free Charmed.

fgg

so sorry lynnie! hopefully this will be like the stories of childbirth - the memories of pain fade with each passing day.

Thanks for checking in Lynnie. Sorry you're having a rough go. Best wishes. I hope you're already starting to feel better!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

So sorry for the problems you are having but the worst is over. Each day will get better and better. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you're doing!

Sorry it's not going so well, Lynnie. It can only get better from here. Hugs to you.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Lynnie - I am so happy for the update and hope you can hold down the pain meds soon. Can they call in a script for you to take a liquid pain med since that may stay down better?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A*O

I'm not going to lie (now you've had it done!) - it IS a big operation and much less straightforward than implants. I was on the slab for almost 6 hours. However, you've done it and once you recover from the anaesthetic (do you react badly to it anyway?) you'll feel much better. I'm not lying about that. I'm sure the arnaca anti-bruising herbal meds I took made ALL the difference.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Lord,Lynnie! I am so sorry. I hope by the time you read this all the bad part is over. Hugs!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Feeling marginally better today. By mid afternoon was able to sit up without vomiting (though have zero to vomit up for the last 2 days) and have been able to keep the pain meds/antibotic down. Had some bland mashed potato's too. I think it was the anesthetic (making me sick), but cannot be sure, since I've never been under general anesthetic before. My doc at the ER yesterday thought it might be the pain RX (that was making me vomit/nauseas), so they switched that up, but I couldn't keep it down, so I am doubting that was it. Anyway, now I have a bunch of pain meds and honestly, none of them are that great.

The ER trip was a pretty emotional one.....even my husband was crying. He'd kill me if he knew I told anyone that. I was sobbing....just destroyed. Didn't know what the problem was and to hear the Surgeon say on the phone 'I need to see you NOW' is scary. I just wanted this to go smoothly...and its so hard that its not and that I did this to myself/voluntarily! But once I got there, I went immediately into a room and the Surgeon was there, he examined me and changed my dressing, did some poking (ouch) and said HE was breathing a sigh of relief too. The Nurses at both the Surgical Center and the ER could not have been nicer. The Nurse at the ER literally hugged me (carefully) and stroked my hair and told me it would be ok. Her name is Mary and I need to remember her and send her a note. She made me feel so much better. The Surgeon, as we were leaving the ER said that he hoped that one day I could forgive him. haha

I see the Surgeon again on Tuesday. He said I might have to keep the drains in longer than a typical patient due to the amount of bleeding, but he'll make that determination on Tuesday.

Happy to report that my In Laws have stepped up over this weekend. They took both girls overnight on Friday, and then heard about my ER visit and took them again on Sat night. So that was extrememly helpful. They are home now and hub just gave them baths ALL BY HIMSELF for the first time (I think) and is doing homework, etc. He's getting a good education. Bout time.

Hoping to be on my feet tomorrow to get breakfast, kids off to school, but cannot drive yet, so trying to figure out Preschool and that stuff. Will work out I'm sure.

Thanks again for all your well wishes and support and the enormous shoulder to cry on. Means more than I can ever say.

Glad you are feeling even a little better and glad everyone is stepping up to help out!
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

So glad you are on the mend. Take it easy girl!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

A*O

Glad you are feeling a bit better Lynnie. Sounds very like you are one of those unlucky people who react badly to anaesthesia and if you've never had it before how could you have known? Glad too that the family is stepping up and helping with the kids, etc. Take it easy and you'll soon be back on track - you'll feel 100% better once you've managed to eat something. Chocolate is good LOL
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm glad things are looking a little brighter today. I think they'll get better and better every day. And I'm thrilled your hubs and in-laws finally stepped up and became the parent and grandparents that you needed them to be.

Take it easy and be kind to yourself.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg thank you lynnie for the update, that is so freaking scary but thank goodness you are going to be ok!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information