Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boob job at 17?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Boob job at 17?

You know, if anyone had ever gone through a couple of bouts of breast cancer, removal of the cancer and the aftermath of the hard reality of chemo and radiation they would never be so friggin' cavalier about getting implants just to change their appearance. They'd realize just how shallow that type of thinking is compared to the importance of staying alive. Why do something that may or may not have lasting consequences of the negative variety. There are virtually no long term health studies that can prove conclusively what the risks are of having these new generation of implants.

No 17 year old could possibly be emotionally mature enough to make a wise and mature choice about something as lifelong as breast implants. When you're that age you just think nothing really bad can ever happen to you, certainly not death or disfigurement. You think surgery is not much different than getting a tattoo, it's like getting a tattoo or piercing with the good drugs. But it's serious. It's surgery and surgery is never without risks or complications.

I also dispute that breasts stop growing when the growth plate is closed. I've known too many woman gain a cup size or two in their twenties and thirties during their childbearing follies.

Also there seem to be virtually no 17 year olds with healthy self esteem and self images out there that are clamoring to stick a known carcinogen (the silicon shell of the implant) into their chest wall for purely cosmestic purposes. It's only the pathetically needy self obsessive ones that end up taking steps that drastic.

Parents of kids getting these proceedures done for anything other than a gross deformity should be charged with reckless child endangerment. There's a reason that teenagers aren't legally allowed to drink or do drugs and elective surgery to inflate perfectly nice breasts should be on that list of things you need to be legal age to do.

I've had cosmetic breast surgery, more than once truth be told. But it was post-cancer bouts and it wasn't anything so pleasant I'd wish it on anyone else even if I did end up with nice boobs you cannot tell were operated on. No implants though. But I was old enough and mature enough to make an informed decision.

Plenty of surgeons will operate really young patients. I don't but I am in the minority at least in Southern California.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Welcome to the board Doc!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thanks,

JPD

There really is no point in arguing with someone who is obviously not here to make any kind of a valid argument and is seemingly incapable of saying anything even remotely intelligent. She's obviously just here to rile people up by spewing complete insanity. Gator, I'm sorry to hear everything you went through, is everything in the green now?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Yes DeChaz. I have been cancer free for many years and was even able to breast feed two babies born after my cancer.

I know that she isn't around to argue but I'd ignored the thread until yesterday and her immature ravings just pissed me off, as I tend to get as you well know.

Good for you Dr Di Saia, a lot of doctors everywhere will treat young patients. You might be amused to know that the doctor that did my reconstruction is the same guy in Louisiana alleged to have done Britney Spears first set of implants and she was under the age of 16 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    I dont really like to make it a habit of talking to people from Canada as Im sure you'll understand...ciao

I understand that you're a phony and stupid, too. But then, I don't make a habit of talking to shallow bitches like you, but I'm making an exception in your case.

You're not even any good at being a troll.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by feliciakb
    Also, when I had mine done, I went from a B to a C. In the last few years, I've somehow grown to a very full D...which looks pretty silly on my 5'5", 115 body. So to state that one knows for certain that they're done growing at a particular age is ridiculous. I've known too many women whose breasts have fluctuated dramatically during their 20s and 30s to believe that.

I was very informed when I had mine done. I talked to multiple docs, did my research, weighed the health risks, etc. But if I had it to do over again, at 30, I wouldn't.
    I have never heard of breasts growing when a woman is in her 20s and 30s, other than size fluctuations due to hormones, weight gain, change in body fat percentage, water retention, stretching, etc. I have neven known anyone who has had actual "growth" at that point...only changes due to the reasons I just listed. However breasts fluctuating for those reasons is not the same as incompletion in the growth cycle. Breasts are generally finished growing by 18 and it's very unusual for them to grow much after that, unless there was a delay in puberty. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but it's just not typical.

For me personally, my breasts never grew one single bit after 16. That was all I got out of them. The only size fluctuations I've had since then are due to hormones and slight weight changes, in which I've gone up maybe one cup size at most, but they always returned to their usual size without those influences. Breasts also normally get smaller with age, not bigger, unless a woman continues to gain weight or her body fat percentage increases (not necessarily the same as weight gain) as she gets older. This is because there is some tissue lose, and a lose of hormones, collagen and elastin with the aging process. My breasts are now smaller than they were in my 20s. But I am also much more fit and have a lower body fat percentage. Felicia, I really feel cheated knowing that you and others have gotten bigger at the age you did! Do you think it's permanent though?

As for this young lady, I am not defending her in the least, but quite honestly, I really don't care what she does. If she made a mistake by getting them too young, then she is the only one who will have to live with it. So far in her case, this has not proved to be true.

Silver Member

Well, you can take some herbs such as saw palmetto and fenugreek, which for someone causes breasts to grow, as well as hypnosis and massage. I'm 22 and have been taking saw palmetto and evening primrose oil for a year, and these pills coupled with a hypnosis tape I bought and daily massage have made me grow from a medium B to a small D. It might not work for everyone though But it sure beats dealing with the complications and expense of a boob job!

SVZ

saw palmetto is a DHT blocker, and epo contains lots of phytoestrogens, that might be why.

The implants (saline at least) don't grow but your breasts can later in life if you gain weight. Another reason perhaps to "take it easy" on the sizing.

Best Regards,

JPD

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady
    Well, you can take some herbs such as saw palmetto and fenugreek, which for someone causes breasts to grow, as well as hypnosis and massage. I'm 22 and have been taking saw palmetto and evening primrose oil for a year, and these pills coupled with a hypnosis tape I bought and daily massage have made me grow from a medium B to a small D. It might not work for everyone though But it sure beats dealing with the complications and expense of a boob job!
    I took saw palmetto for another reason for several years, and it was a very strong standardized extract formula. Not only did it not make my breasts larger, but instead my breasts were the smallest they've ever been (this is only true for me and may not be true for everyone), but I did not make the connection at the time. When I stopped taking it, they returned to their normal size and this is when I made the connection, at which point I did some research. Male bodybuilders, who are always looking for ways to block the effects of the small amounts of estrogen they have in their bodies, like to take it as a DHT inhibitor, because it is speculated that it also blocks the estrogen receptors, thereby preventing them from forming female looking breasts. For women, phytoestrogens can possibly block estrogen receptors in the breasts as well, making your body's own natural, stronger estrogen unavailable to them, and replacing it with the phyto, which does not have the same effect. Unless you're menopausal, or have a reason for blocking DHT with saw p (the verdict is still out on whether it is a very effective blocker), I wouldn't suggest any of these things, since they can block your estrogen receptors. Dragonlady, I honestly believe your breasts most likely have gotten bigger for another reason, unless you are a rare exception. But you are lucky and I'm happy for you. Herbal treatments, hypnosis, and massage are not new ideas for breasts. They've been around for a long time. If we could go up two cup sizes from taking saw palmetto and doing massage, we would have our solution and no one would be getting implants. Still, some women claim that these things work for them.

This is actually a good topic to start. See this thread:

Natural Breast Enlargement?
    Last edited by cherub; April 3rd, 2006 at 06:10 AM.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My breasts are uneven so I tried to massage and stilmulate growth on the smaller tit. I think it got even smaller from it...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Silver Member

When I first started I only took SP and did nothing else, and I started to get slight growth pains within a week or two. The other factors sped it up. I think the thing is that everyone's hormone levels are different, so if one woman has a low level of some substance, an herb that blocks production of that substance won't work, whereas if another woman has hormone levels that are too high, an inhibitor can balance things out. Perhaps thats why SP works for me and not others. Some ladies take fenugreek or fennel and grow, but they did absolutely nothing for me. It sucks that this is such an individually varying process because it would be great to have a one-shot solution for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    on the smaller tit.
    Moomies you make me giggle so much!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information