Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boob job at 17?

Gold Member

Default Re: Boob job at 17?

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed
    I thought the same thing

I think having cosmetic surgery at 17 is a bad idea because the results never last and it will turn into a lifelong expensive commitment. As you get older and your features change, the results that you get at 17 from surgery doesn't look the same at 35. I know ALOT of women who have gone in for subsequent surgeries. Most results from cosmetic work :nose, boobs, teeth, anything... look great for only 10 years or so. Just something to keep in mind when you start tinkering with yourself.
    True, but I'd wager that not many 17 yr olds are thinking about what might occur 10 yrs later. At that age, 10 yrs seems like an eternity.

Bronze Member

Honestly I don't believe anyone can comment on an event they have no experience in. I had breast implants at 17 and i don't see anything wrong with it. I know people who have had reductions at 16 and nose jobs at 15. Inless your the person who wants it then leave people alone.

I totally agree hatuecouture!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

It is illogical to say just because some of us haven't experienced it we shouldn't express our opinions about it.
    This forum is about discussing breast augmentation, there are posters who have implants and others who don't. Both have the right to say whatever they want about a particular issue pertaining to breast augmentation.
    I don't disagree with reconstructive plastic surgeries. But if you had to have silicone implants put in your still developing body at 17 other than for a medical purpose, I feel that it was either out of vanity or low self esteem. If you want us to try and understand why you underwent a breast augmentation at such a young age, why don't you share your experience, feelings, reasons and perhaps correct our prejudice and misconception of youths getting cosmetic surgeries?
    Last edited by moomies; March 6th, 2006 at 09:51 PM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

who said anything about silicone?
    I had them at 17 bc I was done growing and developing--had been since I was 13--and having always been on the thin side (5'5 107lbs) I needed a a little extra padding...my reasons were purely cosmetic, no self esteen booster or ulterior motives. I am 24 now and my body has not changed. My implants are high Bs of textured saline , I love them and wouldnt trade them for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hautecouture928
    Honestly I don't believe anyone can comment on an event they have no experience in. I had breast implants at 17 and i don't see anything wrong with it. I know people who have had reductions at 16 and nose jobs at 15. Inless your the person who wants it then leave people alone.
    But thats different, your nose doesn't straighten with age and your breasts don't shrink with age but they DO grow. All I'm saying is a 17 year old hasn't properly developed so should wait until everything has stopped growing and then decide if they need implants.

Just because I have never had a boob job doesn't mean I can't comment on it, if we only let experienced people comment on this subject we'd have a whole load of posts saying 'yeah go for it!' 'theres nothing wrong with it!'
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I have to wonder, at 17 how did you pay for your boob job? and how did you convince your parents to consent to a cosmetic procedure meant for adults?

Were you in pageants, cheerleading or something?

I don't mean to come off condescending or anything, I'm just very curious how and why a minor would want to get an invasive surgery like this esp if there were no self-esteem problem. When you say it was for a cosmetic reason, does that mean you were insecure about your body image?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

My bf's slut of an ex had a boob job when she was 15, I havn't asked much about it and he wasn't with her at the time but I think her mum knew about it but her dad didn't.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by feliciakb
    I got implants in my early 20s and now I feel stuck w/ them. I had nice natural breasts, but was insecure (as most young women are) about my body. The first doctor I went to for a consultation even tried to talk me out of it. I should have listened to him. Now, even if I have them removed, my natural breasts are likely ruined from being stretched for so long by the implants.
    I am kinda torn on the issue. I don't have implants but sometimes I think about getting them. Would you mind telling me all the reasons you regret getting them?
    Thanks!

My parents bought them for me. The reason I was able to "convince" them is bc it wasn't meant to band aid a bigger problem--it was not unlike having them pay for my every-3week hair color/highlighting appts. Getting implants was purely asthetic for me, for my own happiness---like getting a facial. Do you get facials bc you have self-esteem issues, or bc you like how it makes your skin look? My reasons were very simple: I had small breasts which were ok on my thin body but I wanted fuller ones, I wanted fuller ones bc I think they look good. No drama. No pagents. No modeling. Just me wanting bigger breasts. Id go so far as to say if I had been in pagents or some aspiring model, they probably wouldnt have gotton them for me and the doctor i went to would not have done the surgery bc that would be doing it for the wrong reasons. A good plastic surgeon will interview you alone to see what your reasons are. I wasnt looking to improve self-esteem, I never had that problem. I was done growing and developing at 17, there are medical ways of determining if one is done growing and when one will be done growing (ie x rays of growth pates, etc). Once it was established that I wasnt growing anymore, I went ahead with it. Not everyone who gets implants is looking to change their lives, or medicate some deeper issues, some people just like boobs. Id equate the happiness implants give you with the happiness youd get from losing 10lbs--its nice. Its not life altering, it doesnt change your life, it just gives your look at little oomph.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by khaebs
    I am kinda torn on the issue. I don't have implants but sometimes I think about getting them. Would you mind telling me all the reasons you regret getting them?
    Thanks!
    Oh, just for the reasons I already stated. Mine look very nice and most people wouldn't guess them to be fake. But I know it and I also know that I'll likely have to have further invasive surgery to either remove or replace them in the future. Probably the latter, since, as I stated earlier, my natural breasts will probably be deflated and saggy from being stretched by the implants. Also, when I had mine done, I went from a B to a C. In the last few years, I've somehow grown to a very full D...which looks pretty silly on my 5'5", 115 body. So to state that one knows for certain that they're done growing at a particular age is ridiculous. I've known too many women whose breasts have fluctuated dramatically during their 20s and 30s to believe that. Hmm, they seriously get in the way when I'm doing yoga, which is my primary form of excercise. I find myself having to modify a lot of poses to accomodate my boobs. Because you can't just mash them down like natural ones.

Anyway, you get the idea. It's mostly little things, but the prospect of having more surgery in the future (which nearly *everyone* w/ implants will at some point) really troubles me. It just seems so unnecessary, when you can achieve the same effect w/ a good pushup bra.

I was very informed when I had mine done. I talked to multiple docs, did my research, weighed the health risks, etc. But if I had it to do over again, at 30, I wouldn't. I would LOVE to have my original boobs back! And not have to worry about any future hassles w/ them.

To each their own, though.

thanks for replying! i love yoga too, but i think if i got implants they wouldn't be very big so hopefully they wouldn't get in the way. my implants would probably look like yours did before your implants! btw your avatar is gorgeous, is that you?

Gold Member

Yep, that's me. Thank you.

I honestly don't think it's a bad decision for everyone. I just think people should wait until they've had time to give it a lot of consideration and really think about future implications. And be honest w/ yourself about your reasons for it. For those that claim it has *nothing* to do w/ insecurity, then why in the world would you want to subject yourself to an invasive, painful, expensive surgery w/ all the risks that come w/ it? It's NOT the same as dying your hair or having your nails done.

Quote Originally Posted by feliciakb
    Yep, that's me. Thank you.

I honestly don't think it's a bad decision for everyone. I just think people should wait until they've had time to give it a lot of consideration and really think about future implications. And be honest w/ yourself about your reasons for it. For those that claim it has *nothing* to do w/ insecurity, then why in the world would you want to subject yourself to an invasive, painful, expensive surgery w/ all the risks that come w/ it? It's NOT the same as dying your hair or having your nails done.
    ...I think its so sad that in this country a female can not have a little "boost" without being accused of having some deep, freudian-inspired complex about herself. I certainly disagree..."invasive and painful" ok, so does that mean that anything I do that I dont derive physical pleasure from is a sign of insecurity? I go to the dentist for regular cleanings too and I cant say thats NOT invasive or painful either but I still do it...as for the "expensive" part, well, maybe for some...

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    ...I think its so sad that in this country a female can not have a little "boost" without being accused of having some deep, freudian-inspired complex about herself. I certainly disagree..."invasive and painful" ok, so does that mean that anything I do that I dont derive physical pleasure from is a sign of insecurity? I go to the dentist for regular cleanings too and I cant say thats NOT invasive or painful either but I still do it...as for the "expensive" part, well, maybe for some...
    OK, sweetheart, a little reality check here, gotta reel you back in cos obviously you've lost touch with planet earth. Going to the dentist, while not the most pleasant experience in the world is far from "invasive or painful". Might wanna look into switching dentists if that's the case. You cannot compare (non-reconstructive) plastic surgery to dentistry, since although your teeth with suffer from neglect, I highly doubt your tits will fall off if you don't get them stuffed. And I'm very happy for you that you can just dig into your pocket change to buy a new pair. Your daddy must be so proud to have such an independent and self-sufficient daughter.

so does that mean that anything I do that I dont derive physical pleasure from is a sign of insecurity?
    I don't even know what to do with this one... anyone??

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information