Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silicon implants OK again, have fun with your immune deficiencies..

Thumbs down Silicon implants OK again, have fun with your immune deficiencies..

Health Canada has agreed to lift restrictions on the distribution and use of silicone gel breast implants.

The controversial products were pulled from the Canadian market by their manufacturers in 1992, in the face of a growing chorus of health concerns over their use.

But in recent years manufacturers and women who would like to use the devices have been petitioning Health Canada to allow their return to the Canadian market.

The regulatory agency said today it will let plastic surgeons use silicone gel implants in surgeries to augment breasts or reconstruct breasts removed in the treatment of cancer.

The decision followed a review by a panel of scientific experts as well as public hearings into the issue.

Silicon breast implants were pulled from use in Canada and the United States after thousands of women launched class action lawsuits alleging leaking and rupturing implants caused auto-immune diseases and heart conditions.

Despite the ban, many women in this country have had silicone gel devices implanted in recent years under a special release program intended to give patients access to non-approved drugs or devices.

Health Canada says under that program, 10,000 silicone gel breast implants have been approved over the past two years.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...path=News/News
    Why would anybody put these things in themselves.. they rupture all the time..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

But in recent years manufacturers and women who would like to use the devices have been petitioning Health Canada to allow their return to the Canadian market.
    Demand and supply won over health...that's sad.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I would never get implants. Because I am so scared of the health ramifications and in case something goes wrong. And of course there is the little issue of them doing a botched job.

I wish smaller boobs would come back into fashion so that I wouldn't feel so inferior against all these airbrushed perfect big boobie models!

^The weird thing is, 'thin' is in, but big breasted thin; which isn't the way bodies are always designed!

^^Exactly unless your made by Mattel!

Oh please, whoever wrote this coincidentally left out the part about the University study that's been going on for like 30 years with 5000 women that PROVED no link between silicone implants and any health issues - cancer OR immunodificiency!! Tsk Tsk....
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

^^^^
    let me guess, you have implants?

i just don't think the human body takes particularly well to having foreign objects left in it permanently so unless it's for actual health reasons, there are about a million PS procedures i would consider before implants. it's a very personal thing of course, this is just my opinion but i just find the idea of sticking plastic bags on my chest kind of icky.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yes, you can have your objections. But i disagree with leaving out info to suit their own opinions.
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I would think that there are conflicting studies both pro and con silicon.
    Consumers need to make their own choices based on information they find and agree with I guess.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    ^The weird thing is, 'thin' is in, but big breasted thin; which isn't the way bodies are always designed!
    Agreed. Here in the good ole USA, the ideal is to weight like 115 lbs but to have huge, popping, tits. That ideal is not naturally feasible. I think women should just be happy with whatever their boob size is. I'm happy with my size, but if I were a cup bigger, I'd be ok with that . If I had a small chest, that would be fine, too, because then I would be sylph-like and oh so chic.

I like small breasts on other women but I dont like them on myself, but thats always the way isn't it!

I like small breasts on other women and on myself.

Uh I hate to break it to you but having silicon ooze coating your internal organs WILL suppress your immune system, and destroy a number of vital functions
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

But I thought these gel implants were a solid blob of silicone instead of the oozy, flowing kind, therefore no coating of organs and such. Pardon my scientific jargon.

Nope, it's squishy liquidy silicon:

you can look at this link.. its long, and has gruesome pictures but it explains a lot: http://www.tuberose.com/Breast_Implants.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information