Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 'Vampire facial’ spa injections now linked to 2 HIV cases in New Mexico

Ew. There is a very popular German deli around here and they serve many dishes with tongue and other weird stuff. They make corned beef and cabbage all year round though, so I just order it and hope and pray that there is no tongue nearby. I'd make it myself but my son won't eat it and it's just easier to buy it from them. Who the hell decided to cook a tongue??? And liver or kidneys???? Gag so hard.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Ew. There is a very popular German deli around here and they serve many dishes with tongue and other weird stuff. They make corned beef and cabbage all year round though, so I just order it and hope and pray that there is no tongue nearby. I'd make it myself but my son won't eat it and it's just easier to buy it from them. Who the hell decided to cook a tongue??? And liver or kidneys???? Gag so hard.
    Speaking of organs...There is an Oriental Market in South Philly that sells organs. The first time I ever felt like I was going to faint was in that isle. They had pig uterus, containers of pig blood, cow snouts with hair on them, kidneys, and a bunch of other stuff that I’m glad I forgot about. I was about to faint, and I told the person I was with that we have to leave this isle immediately.
    Brookie and Waterslide like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I love tongue especially in a nice sandwich.
    I remember my mum buying whole ones at Xmas to cook & press. Good times.
    During WWII my Oma fed her family on offal (not rationed) so they ate well.
    It comes from a time when meat was a luxury and you ate as much as possible as protein was scarce. Then tanned the hide....
    twitchy2.0 and Waterslide like this.

At least nobody's mentioned kale or cilantro yet.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Boom!!!
    Nevan likes this.

GR Spa. Kale and cilantro facials for all.
    Nevan, Brookie, Waterslide and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Twitchy!!!!
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Nevan!
    Nevan likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I like lengua burritos, but I usually just go for boring steak or chicken or maybe pork. (Beef lengua tastes like beef.) I've never really had any desire to eat a big ol' piece of tongue off my plate, and especially not cocooned in aspic.

There really is an entire culinary movement around eating "nose to tail" so that you're not wasting any part of the animal, just like our ancestors would have done. I appreciate the concept very much, even if I don't always partake in it.

When I was in grade school, there was a girl in my class who ate tongue and BRAIN sandwiches. Every day, her lunch was like a new way to shock and awe the 2nd grade class with grossness. I still can't bring myself to try brain.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Speaking of organs...There is an Oriental Market in South Philly that sells organs. The first time I ever felt like I was going to faint was in that isle. They had pig uterus, containers of pig blood, cow snouts with hair on them, kidneys, and a bunch of other stuff that I’m glad I forgot about. I was about to faint, and I told the person I was with that we have to leave this isle immediately.
    There is a Vietnamese shop near me that has really awesome bahn bao, and they sell pork uterine and I thought...Like I said, I appreciate the whole nose to tail concept of cuisine, but what do you do with that? I don't even think it was remarkably cheap or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I love tongue especially in a nice sandwich.
    I remember my mum buying whole ones at Xmas to cook & press. Good times.
    During WWII my Oma fed her family on offal (not rationed) so they ate well.
    It comes from a time when meat was a luxury and you ate as much as possible as protein was scarce. Then tanned the hide....
    I've talked about this before, but I almost have a phobia (not an exaggeration) about headcheese (offal) and it's so gross to me. I don't even like to be in the same room with it, and I'm a fairly adventurous eater, and I just can't wrap my brain around it. I mean, I will eat tripe, tongue, liver, etc., just not all set together in a jelly-like substance. But I'm not starving in WWII and I'm sure if I were, I'd change my tune...
    Novice and Brookie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

“Headcheese”!!! I’d never heard of that before I came here.
    Cant understand what’s wrong with you? Brawn is yummy!!!

And this one appears to be all sausaged into a stomachs lining

While I was looking for this picture I found they do tongue is aspic too - I’ve never had it like this? We usually have it pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    GR Spa. Kale and cilantro facials for all.
    I love both!

I used to hate cilantro, and it would make my nose tingle. I would always request extra cilantro at the Mexican Resturant. I can eat a huge bag of kale in 2 days. I could eat it in one day, but then I won’t have anything for the following day. Kale and cilantro forever!!!!
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I love both!

I used to hate cilantro, and it would make my nose tingle. I would always request extra cilantro at the Mexican Resturant. I can eat a huge bag of kale in 2 days. I could eat it in one day, but then I won’t have anything for the following day. Kale and cilantro forever!!!!
    What made you change your mind?

Omg. I am so out of this thread!! Have fun, you wackos!!
    Ravenna and mostroop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    What made you change your mind?
    I cannot remember what made me want to try it, or when I could deal with it. I’m used to work at a grocery store as a teen, and would hate when people came through my lane with it. Maybe it’s because a little bit was on a taco that I had. I think the smell of it was stronger back then, or perhaps it’s just because it doesn’t bother me anymore.
    Novice likes this.

No tongue jello?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information