Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: I just had some fillers. Ouch!

I use Tretinoin gel 0.5 percent three nights a week. I use Timeless Vitamin C Serum every morning, and on the nights I don't use the Tretinoin. I also use sunscreen everyday. I've been doing this since last October and I noticed my pores are smaller and my face is smoother, and my skin toned evened out. I follow Hot and Flashy on YouTube , and pretty much follow her morning and night routine. I don't have any wrinkles but I am getting that hollowness under my eyes. I'm considering getting Juvederm, but I'm scared I may look puffy and bruised afterwards. Aging is so cruel!!!

I just did fillers for the first time 2 weeks ago. I've always been scared of them because of all the famous people who screw up their faces with overdone procedures and their faces look like balloons to me. Big cheeks, lips, etc.

I am 37 and have been doing Botox since I was 23. I have no wrinkles because of that. I call it preventive maintenance.

But for the last few years I've had puffy eyes. No dark circles, just "bags" under my eyes. I did everything to get rid of them, but my Dr said there was nothing I could do to correct it. I had Restylane injected under my eyes and also my maxiofacial lines. I look 15 years younger.

It is so weird. Every time I look in the mirror, I am like, is that me? This is the biggest boost I've had in my confidence in a long time.

I have marionette lines, but I like them. It keeps my resting bitch face look, which I prefer, lol

Thought I would share.
    sprynkles, fgg, palta and 1 others like this.

czb

good for you!

how much did it hurt to get fillers under your eyes?
    Froogy likes this.

Froogy that's something I was looking into as well, but I'm too scared.
    Froogy likes this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    good for you!

how much did it hurt to get fillers under your eyes?
    Thanks!

Because of this thread, I asked for numbing as soon as I got there and they told me they dont numb under the eyes but would numb around my mouth. Since my biggest concern was my eyes, I thought what the hell, let's do this.

They did my eyes first and to be perfectly honest, it was nothing more than a needle poke. I guess if you dont like needles that could be an issue, but since I've been getting botox for so long, I'm used to it. The weirdest thing was I could feel the gel/filler being injected. Once the needle was in, there was no pain, just the feeling of the filler. The injection spot is really more between the teardrop of your eye and half way down your nose.

When they did my mouth area, it felt the same, so I'm not sure if the numbing cream really did anything. I felt the needle poke and the filler being injected.

If I had to give it a pain level, I would say it was a 2/10 and it lasts for about 5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Froogy that's something I was looking into as well, but I'm too scared.
    If you want to do it, I would recommend you do it. I am so surprised with my results. I did a ton of research first on realself.com to see before and after pics. I'm in Iowa and it cost me $750 for one vial. I'm glad I did my research because when I got there they wanted to give me Juvederm and I felt like Restylane was a better fit for me. The Dr agreed and Restylane lasts longer, they cost the same but have different benefits.

I will tell you I was bruised for an entire week, BUT I can bruise if you look at me. I get bruised from botox.
    sprynkles likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information