Thread: Look into his eyes - has Bono had plastic surgery?

Default Look into his eyes - has Bono had plastic surgery?

Has Bono had plastic surgery?

He is almost as well known for his distinct wraparound sunglasses as he is for his music. But now the glasses have gone.... as has a recently seen plaster.
    Which rather begs the question - has international superstar Bono had a little remedial eyework?

Spot the difference: Bono at the Tribeca Film Festival reveals a fresh faced look (left) and the singer back in 2000 with his trademark shades (right)

Beaming from ear to ear, the 46-year-old musician took the incredibly rare step of removing his distinctive orange shades and posing for photographers.

Boasting a fresh-faced complexion, and no hint of any under eye bags, the U2 frontman has every reason to smile.

Rare sight: Bono removes his sunglasses

He made his wrinkle-free appearance at the launch of a new third world documentary, We Are Together, in New York, as he posed up with members of an orphanage featured in the film.

When one cheeky youngster pointed up at his face, Bono laughed before happily removing the offending shades and plonking them over the giggling tot's eyes.

The move ensured that all attention focused squarely on the Irish star's remarkably bright and smooth eyes.

Star of 'We Are Together' documentary Mtho Moya tries on Bono's sunglasses

Last night, leading plastic surgeons suggested that scarring from recent plastic surgery had now healed, prompting Bono to remove the glasses and show off his new, evergreen face.

"I definitely think Bono has had lower blepharoplasty - lower eyelid surgery - which the plaster covered up back in December," said top plastic surgeon Dr Lucy Glancey.

"He probably had quite a bit of bruising under the eye at this time - sometimes you get no bruising after surgery, sometimes you get bruising under just one eye, giving what looks like a black eye.

"A proper black eye could take up to six weeks to heal, on top of slight scarring, which would explain why Bono has remained hidden under sunglasses until now.

"As well as the eye lift, he has probably had Botox to lift his brows becuase there is still a skin overhang in this area which wouldn't be there if he had had an upper blepharoplasty.

"He also looks to have had Botox all around the eye area, resulting in a softening of the lines and, on top of this, a mid and low face-lift.

This stubble- beard that he's grown will quite cleverly cover any scarring.

"I think Bono has had a reasonably good result - his work hasn't been overly done, and he just looks a lot fresher. I'm sure he's pleased with the results which is why he's so much happier to show off his face."

Of course, the Live 8 star has never publicly admitted to having had any cosmetic work.

And he was rumoured to be livid when an unauthorised biography published four years ago suggested that he considered having extensive liposuction.

He is, though, notoriously precious about his aesthetic appearance.

Two years ago, along with fellow band mate Larry Mullen Jnr, he took his former stylist to court, accusing her of stealing one of his outfits.

The singer - real name Paul Hewson - accused Lola Cashman of taking a pair of his black trousers, a green sweatshirt, a pair of silver earrings and the "iconic" Stetson he wore on an album cover.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

I don't know. I don't think so. I think we're just so used to seeing the glasses as part of his face that to see him without them is rather startling and makes you realize that he's aged. It looks like he's squinting in the glasses shot because of the sun. He said in an interview a couple of years ago that he's sensitive to light.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

This article is laughable. No way has Bono had anything done. He may look a little more refreshed in these pics, and that's probably because he is a little more refreshed. He is not on tour, he is not in the middle of a hardcore campaign for one of his many causes. He is probably taking a little bit of time to enjoy life and it shows. I've followed Bono's career and appearances for the last 20 years and there have been many times that she shows up with huge undereye bags and many times where he looks refreshed. It all depends on how hard he's been working and/or out partying. This man has been working really hard for years and it shows on his face. Big Deal. And it is true that he is sensitive to light, which is why he is rarely seen without his glasses.

^^ oook then....

*backs away slowly*

I still say he got the fat sucked out from his eye bags.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Wow - he looks like a totally different person without his glasses.

christ, I really don't think so. He actually looks worse and older in the supposed "after" pictures. Unless the surgery hasn't settled down or something. Even if he did though, who give a crap? He's done a lot more to help the state of the world than 99.9% of the rest of the world, so he gets a pass from me.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ^^ oook then....

*backs away slowly*

I still say he got the fat sucked out from his eye bags.

LOL. Couldn't have said it better.

I think it looks like he did get some under eye work done.

Yeah, lots of people do.. it's a fairly routine procedure, not nearly as invasive or traumatizing as a nosejob
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

I don't think he looks "refreshed" at all, and the before pic he's squinting so it's hard to say.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like David Beckham in the last shot?

He doesn't look "wrinkles free" as the article states...

Hit By Ban Bus!

his nose looks more narrow. his face has deflated a bit due to aging. but his eyes don't look worked on though. but his nose? something going on there.

It's always hard to tell when the lighting is so dramatically different, I'd need to see some more pics.

Thread Information