Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: I just taped my face the way I would like it if I got a face lift but what if

Default I just taped my face the way I would like it if I got a face lift but what if

They screw it up? Have a clause for disfigurement some where?
    I feel crazy for posting this; not paranoid, just cautious;
    but, I also do not want to drag on yesterday.
    All about growing old gracefully

To be honest, growing older SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by chatterweb View Post

To be honest, growing older SUCKS.
    No it doesn’t. It’s better than not growing older.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'm 55 and while I look a bit younger, this face is not what it used to be. But guess what, I like it that way. I AM older, that's a fact.
    Wouldn't want to erase the traces of the life I lived from my face AND I'm far too scared to have any kind of alternations on my body that are not necessary.
    Last edited by Lofty Bike; July 20th, 2018 at 12:29 PM. Reason: That stupid to/too mistake again.

I'm 48 and have had people think my younger brother was my dad, and have had MANY people confuse my 23 year old son as being my brother, and even boyfriend.

So whereas I don't look my age, I HATE that I am aging, and it seems like it's starting to happen at a very quick rate now. I do find myself looking in the mirror and pulling my face to make it look younger. I've done this in front of my friends and they say they barely see a difference, but to me, it's huge. I really hate my laugh lines.

I was online just a couple days ago looking into costs of a facelift, derma fillers and botox. I'm almost certain I will go down one of those routes.

Maybe this is a mid-life crisis, my depression rearing it's ugly (old) head or body dysmorphic disorder - which I have struggled with my entire life, or a combination of all 3, but I would be one to agree that aging does suck.
    sprynkles and Annika like this.

I'm actually looking forward to be wrinklier. I'm in my 50's now, but feel like I'm in my twenties in terms of physical strength, lack of pain, etc. It is very disconcerting to feel really young, when you are my age, LOL.

Brookie, fgg, mostroop and 4 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

This reminds me of Sia's taped faces in her "Buttons"-Song:

I also have some problems with getting older, I'm 38, which is not that old, but compared to photos from 10 years ago, the aging process gained speed: a lot of grey hairs are showing (I dye them with henna brown) and frown wrinkles between the eyes from being short-sighted and not always wearing glasses. And the absolute horrifying worst: a sagging chin area . But I'm to chicken shit to do any facelifting, botox or similar cosmetic procedures on my face. I just try to eat healthy, drink a lot of water, exercise, have good sex and sleep enough.

I don't mind laugh lines around the mouth and wrinkles around the eyes - these are actually really sexy to me and I love them on men and women. It shows that a person laughed a lot and has a positive outlook on life.
    Liza and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I can't wait to see what she says at the press conference today!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Much improved Twitchy!
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

To answer your question, you sign a shit ton of paperwork saying you understand that there are no guarantees and every patient has a different outcome, etc, etc. That being said, the Dr (at least in America) carries malpractice insurance for negligence. Just because you dont like the outcome doesnt mean the Dr was negligent though.

I had to have two nose jobs. My first one was actually to correct a deviated septum (my insurance paid for it) and it straightened my nose BUT it turned my nose into a ski slope. I hated it. The Dr ended up fixing it for free other than me paying for the surgery center which I can only assume does not happen often.

My best advice is to look at yourself in the mirror, if you are so unhappy with what you see to gamble on disfigurement, then start researching Doctors. Look at their work. Ask for before and after pics of previous patients.
    holly, twitchy2.0 and Brookie like this.

I think using a good skincare line starting as soon as you can will do wonders. I was watching a Lancome presenter who had been with the company for 30 years. He said he was 50 years old and I could not believe it. I've watched him for years and had no idea he was that old. I'm not saying use Lancome. I personally find it too perfumy. But it must be pretty good. He said he's used it all along. He looks 25.

Brookie likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Drink water! Lots of it, like minimum 3-4 litres a day. I've done it every day for 30+ years and I have great skin for an old (over 50) bag.

Also - don't smoke, stay out of the sun and use SPF/wear a hat and moisturise morning and night. Oh, and don't have kids - those things are wrinkle-makers. I also don't drive which I'm sure is a huge stressor for many people.

Nothing is going to fix my sagging neck or (eventually) that horrible textured skin you see around old ladies' mouths. Big fucking deal, who wants to pretend they can compete with 25 year olds?

Besides, I'm close to the age my mother was when she passed (and older than my father was) so it's almost my responsibility to see how they would have looked if they'd lived to ripe old ages. Mutilating my face would be insulting to them, like saying they're too unattractive for me to wear their features. I love looking in the mirror and seeing them reflected back in me. Plus they would laugh at me for being vain if I started messing with my face.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I would like to find a fix for that neck thing. It looks 20 years older than my face.
    holly likes this.

I hate my neck & I have developed the lovely “waddle” of loose skin under my chin & I’m starting to get jowls. I’ve consulted with 2 plastic surgeons, both of whom said the only fix is a lower facelift. I’m only 47! (45 when I had the consults). I think of ladies 55+ as the ones who get facelifts, not women in their 40s! IDK if I’ll eventually do it, but I doubt it because the thought of even the remote possibility of nerve damage in my face scares me more than sagging skin does!
    The other thing I hate is I have melasma that keeps getting worse every year. I use hydroquinone in the winter, but I don’t in the summer because it will actually make the skin even more photosensitive if you get sun exposure. I wear sunscreen on my face, neck, & chest, but I still end up inadvertently getting sun exposure. I also have broken capillaries on my face that I hate. I’m actually going to look into laser for that to see if it will help.
    sprynkles likes this.

I had the laser thing done a few years ago for broken caps on my cheeks. Best money I ever spent. I have some on my nose and those could not be fixed. Huge bummer. The nurse at the medi-spa place gave me at least 3 free treatments trying to get rid of the nose veins to no avail. A few years before that I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from the side of my nose by an actual plastic surgeon. I really want to see her and see if she can fix my vein problem.

I went to consultation a few years ago for the neck lift called Lifestyle Lift that was all over TV. They eventually went out of business. It was like 10k and there were so many reviews saying it didn't last long enough to be worth it.

Somehow Jane Fonda has a younger looking neck than I do. I want to know how!!!!
    Brookie, holly and ConstanceSpry like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information