Page 53 of 174 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Tree of Smoke - Denis Johnson...but I just started it last night...
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Cool

So I finished Alistair MacLean's Seawitch (definitely not his best), and am now reading Op-Center 7: Divide And Conquer, by Tom Clancy, Steve Pieczenik & Jeff Rovin

*Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

BAck trying to read the Anne Sexton biography. She makes me want to smack her six ways to Sunday and depresses the hell out of me.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

The Last Campaign...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

STILL reading the bloody Anne Sexton bio and damn, the bitch just won't off herself. She's too busy diddling her daughters and fucking her psychiatrist.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

vogue
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

FINALLY finished the Anne Sexton bio. Not sure it was worth the effort since by the end I thoroughly disliked her, her entire family and most of her friends.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect View Post
    My Torts textbook. Finals suck!
    I share your pain. Torts was something I was (for some odd reason) quite good at, but there were plenty of other subjects during my time at law school which I had to read the textbooks for morning, noon and night to have any chance of passing. Worst bit is that I now have to re-read them for my practical training!

I've just finished reading The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band (the Motley Crue autobiography) which was pretty bloody entertaining. Definitely leaves you with the impression that Nikki and Mick are the only ones in that band with a brain cell between them, and Nikki is definitely the only one with any business sense at all (now that he's clean!)

Now I'm reading Nikki's book The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star. Pretty bloody disturbing!

^^ I'll have to check that out. Motley Crue question: Did they have a different lead singer in the beginning? I was watching VH1 today. They showed an old video of them in concert. The lead singer was blond, very hot. The Rock Autism promos I've seen with Vince Neil look nothing like this video. Did he have plastic surgery or something? His nose, shape of his face is totally different. His nose is this big lumpy mess and the guy in the old video had a stream lined one. Weird. I read the Heroin Diaries. It's amazing that he's still alive.

I just finished Child 44. It's about the hunt for a serial killer in 1950's Soviet Union. It was very good. Page turner.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I'm currently reading Duma Key by Stephen King. So far, it's very entertaining and well written. I'll let you know if it's worth reading.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

The End of the World as We Know It by James Goolrick. Excellent.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

I read 2 books this week end-His Favorite Wife & Stolen Innocence. I was trying to see if I could identify with something in polygamy. I feel sick. The women have no chance-they are treated on the same level as -say-sheep. I could scream. Disgusting. Perverts.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

Reading currently 'Voices from Chernobyl', put together by Svetlana Alexievich.

It's difficult to read. Really difficult, especially because people are suffering from it now.
    You just smile and roll your eyes to the back of your head.

^ Cernobyl was so scary! I saw a documentary a while back about orphan kids from the Cernobyl area who go to families in the UK every summer. It was heartbreaking.

I'm reading a book about the Battle of Stalingrad. It's fascinating but I forgot the author's name again. I'm a bit of a history ignoramus so wasn't sure who won for a while and was telling people not to spoil me. I've also been giggling like an idiot every time "Operation Uranus" comes up (the Soviet counter offensive which pretty much decided the battle from what I've gathered so far). kept thinking it would make a great title for a pr0n movie.

Thread Information